Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
EDM has been the best team in the NHL since the TDL at 15-2-1. best goal-for rate in the NHL and 9th best sv%. seems like they're hitting their peak at the time. VGK is only 3rd best in the league in that time-frame :laugh:. neither option are great, both real good teams. don't even know who would be starting in net for VGK in the POs. Quick? :dunno:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
EDM has been the best team in the NHL since the TDL at 15-2-1. best goal-for rate in the NHL and 9th best sv%. seems like they're hitting their peak at the time. VGK is only 3rd best in the league in that time-frame :laugh:. neither option are great, both real good teams. don't even know who would be starting in net for VGK in the POs. Quick? :dunno:
Edmonton aren’t playoff performers though.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They maybe dont play playoff style hockey but McDavid is on another level and the supporting cast is vastly better than in past years. D is not great but Ekholm was a brilliant addition. Only weakness is goalie but they can outscore their problems a lot of the time.

Reactions: roccerfeller

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

I really wanted Jim Montgomery. But no, needed to have somebody that has some connection to the marketplace. They have to know this market to coach here. f***ing bull.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I really wanted Jim Montgomery. But no, needed to have somebody that has some connection to the marketplace. They have to know this market to coach here. f***ing bull.

Montgomery wasn’t picking the Jets over the Bruins no matter what was offered to him.

Yeah I'm not sure why some want to frame these "we missed out" arguments as though the Jets have first right of refusal over all these players or coaches and they're passing on them.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Winnipeg.jpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

WINNIPEG JETS - SAM GAGNER

It hasn’t been an easy road for Sam Gagner, whose path to 1,000 NHL games included several unplanned stops in the minors during the past several seasons. But those three demotions to the AHL didn’t diminish Gagner’s love for hockey; they simply provided some additional motivation and perspective. The sixth overall pick in the 2007 NHL Draft was signed by the Jets in early September to provide some versatility and flexibility. That’s exactly what he was able to do, playing a variety of roles before his season came to a premature end after he underwent hip surgery.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Eh, last year Edmonton barely scraped by one of the weaker playoff teams in LA last year, and then they had a bye, and then they got dismantled by a good team.

That said, they’re deeper this year and McDavid is peaking. Skinner also appears better than what they had in goal last year. They’ll be a tough out.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We didn’t miss out.
We settled.
I think a lot of the “yeah but but but we’re Winnipeg! Everyone hates it here!!!!1111” stuff is kinda exaggerated around here, but I mean, coaching an original six franchise contender or going to the coldest, smallest market with a (rumoured) toxic locker room and a team in disarray … I know who I’d pick, given the choice.

*We don’t know what Montgomery was thinking, he may have had things that attracted him here, but I don’t think it’s wildly speculative to think he just chose Boston over us.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

They aren't until they are.

They are a much better team now than they were 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago.

They maybe dont play playoff style hockey but McDavid is on another level and the supporting cast is vastly better than in past years. D is not great but Ekholm was a brilliant addition. Only weakness is goalie but they can outscore their problems a lot of the time.

Not sure goal is a weakness anymore either.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I'm not sure why some want to frame these "we missed out" arguments as though the Jets have first right of refusal over all these players or coaches and they're passing on them.

Might have had a shot at Montgomery if they had moved a year earlier. Not to say he would have been the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad