Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Who ever preds flames jets gets that final wild ward will have earned it.

I hate the idea of us having the most epic collapse in NHL history though. I will pray to the hockey gods to root against that.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Who ever preds flames jets gets that final wild ward will have earned it.

I hate the idea of us having the most epic collapse in NHL history though. I will pray to the hockey gods to root against that.

I would prefer the near epic collapse, followed squeaking into the playoffs despite the flow of play, then a resurrection of epic proportion, and a shocking run in the playoffs nobody saw coming. Just break my ankles and about 90% of the rest of HFBoards Jets division as we scramble in whilte cloths to get back on the bandwagon.

Mashing up Easter weekend theme with a dash of fairy tale.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Basically an AHL team, I think I read that they had a roster that wouldn't have been eligible to play in the preseason the other day? Not enough players that were in the NHL last year.
Saros has been incredible dragging them too. I think given the 2nd half of their years he'll probably end up a Vezina finalist over Helle.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The sad thing is that the Preds tried to tank... get Trotz more picks

Well they did get all the assets from their trades still they are just downgrading their personal 1st round pick (he says assuming they didn’t trade this away) but how much more can the GM do? They have been gutted by injuries and traded away some legit talent yet here they are one win against us away from being right there.

Reactions: rkp

None

Feb 22, 2012
Saros has been incredible dragging them too. I think given the 2nd half of their years he'll probably end up a Vezina finalist over Helle.

Yeah, I think Hellebuyck falls into the Hart vs Vezina debate. His latter half of the season probably takes him out of the Vezina conversation.

But in my opinion I think he's still the most valuable Jets player and I also think that a big part of his struggles to maintain his play from the first half is because of their overreliance on him.

Would he win the Hart over players like McDavid, Pastrnak or Hughes? Absolutely not, but I think it's undeniable that any success the Jets have is on Hellebuyck's back.

Reactions: buggs

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
It is amazing how good Saros is playing tonight.
It’s not just last night. He’s almost always very good. And yet many fans expect the Jets will make him look ordinary when they couldn’t even beat Markstrom

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Because other under performing bubble teams are more deserving? Going into the season many pundits had Calgary as easy division winners and now they are scrapping for the final wildcard spot. Seems pretty underwhelming to me.
As underwhelming as they are, at least they’re stringing several wins together unlike the Jets who can’t even string together several solid shifts.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't think Helle is in the convo for the Vezina anymore.

Reactions: rkp

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

all-time:
YR# of players with 100 Points
1992–93
21​
1984–85
16​
1981–82
13​
1985–86
13​
1989–90
13​
1980–81
12​
1983–84
12​
1987–88
12​
1995–96
12​
1982–83
11​
1990–91
10​
1975–76
9​
1988–89
9​
1991–92
9​
1979–80
8​
1993–94
8​
2021–22
8​

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
What a beautiful hit. Man we don't have enough of this today. Imagine a professional hockey player staring at the puck in his feet just asking to be sent into the middle if next week. I'll take any Tkachuk any day.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What a beautiful hit. Man we don't have enough of this today. Imagine a professional hockey player staring at the puck in his feet just asking to be sent into the middle if next week. I'll take any Tkachuk any day.
I love a big hit too and I saw nothing wrong with that hit. Unfortunately, we're seeing men's hockey move towards the women's model. You can use your body to win puck battles but you can't use it as a weapon.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love a big hit too and I saw nothing wrong with that hit. Unfortunately, we're seeing men's hockey move towards the women's model. You can use your body to win puck battles but you can't use it as a weapon.

I think the key is they need to crack down on instigators after clean hits. When Trouba laid out Kadri the first guy in from Calgary to instigate should have got 2-5 and a game. The extra two minute PP and the game misconduct would be a deterrent to this new expectation that ever clean hit has to answered by a fight response.

On the flip side be more strict with predatory hits that cross the line.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I agree its already women's hockey, close to being shinny some nights. Its really taken away some of my love for the game that and the gimmicks after 60 minutes.

A hit like that is merely removing the player from the puck its not a weapon or predatory or serial killer level. I can't believe these pro hockey players skate over the middle head down turn their backs to face the boards stare at the puck in their feet. These teams could easily be pounded out of a rink these days.

Reactions: ERYX and Jet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I agree its already women's hockey, close to being shinny some nights. Its really taken away some of my love for the game that and the gimmicks after 60 minutes.

A hit like that is merely removing the player from the puck its not a weapon or predatory or serial killer level. I can't believe these pro hockey players skate over the middle head down turn their backs to face the boards stare at the puck in their feet. These teams could easily be pounded out of a rink these days.
I used to be a dinosaur when it came to things like big open ice hits and scraps but I've come around a bit.

The funny thing is that most of what I've watched in the past few years had been high level female hockey because of where my daughter plays. I've come to really enjoy it. It's more physical than you'd think.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think the key is they need to crack down on instigators after clean hits. When Trouba laid out Kadri the first guy in from Calgary to instigate should have got 2-5 and a game. The extra two minute PP and the game misconduct would be a deterrent to this new expectation that ever clean hit has to answered by a fight response.

On the flip side be more strict with predatory hits that cross the line.
Lol the NHL can't figure out simple penalties. No shot they get this right

Reactions: ps241

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Agree with everything you wrote except the last sentence ... well, upon further reflection, I guess as much as I dislike the Tkachuks in some ways, we could definitely use some of that GAF on our team.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because other under performing bubble teams are more deserving? Going into the season many pundits had Calgary as easy division winners and now they are scrapping for the final wildcard spot. Seems pretty underwhelming to me.

So the pundits were wrong. Whodda thunk it!

Flames have not been guilty of the collapse that the Jets have accomplished. Underwhelming? Yes. More deserving than the Jets? Yes. Call it less undeserving if you prefer.

Have to give Preds some kind of credit for the success they have had with the roster they are left with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad