GDT: Game 6 - New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:15 ET, (Yes, 7:15, it’s not a typo)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The NHL staggering these start times only for no one to watch because it's NBA Opening Night is par for the course. Love this sport, hate this league. Of course the Knicks and Rangers play at the same time.
Which schedule came out first? For all we know, this could be the NBA intentionally starting on the same day the NHL has every team playing to try to steal their thunder.

Besides that, the Venn diagram between basketball and hockey fans probably isn't that significant.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rempe should be in the lineup tonight. especially with Xhekaj, Pezzetta, Anderson, Guhle on the Habs. I dont get the what management sees in Brodzinski

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Which schedule came out first? For all we know, this could be the NBA intentionally starting on the same day the NHL has every team playing to try to steal their thunder.

Besides that, the Venn diagram between basketball and hockey fans probably isn't that significant.

I'm not really and NBA fan per se, but I am a Knicks fan. Just annoying that the NHL steps on a rake every time it has a chance to do something cool. Are they at least doing some kind of "Red Zone" for all these games? Whipping around to exciting games and power play chances. I feel like that's been discussed for years but I think it can really work well for the NHL., especially with gambling and fantasy sports so popular.

Reactions: FultonReed

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Game 6????

No! No! No more playoffs!!

tears-sports-001.jpg

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not really and NBA fan per se, but I am a Knicks fan. Just annoying that the NHL steps on a rake every time it has a chance to do something cool. Are they at least doing some kind of "Red Zone" for all these games? Whipping around to exciting games and power play chances. I feel like that's been discussed for years but I think it can really work well for the NHL., especially with gambling and fantasy sports so popular.
They did last year on NHL network. I'm sure they will again.

I just don't think the NBA and NHL are in competition as much as people think, and they get too wrapped up in worrying about how the NHL compares to other leagues. As long as the league is doing well, does it really matter if it's 1st or 4th in the US? Does it matter if a WBNA game gets higher ratings?

We need to let go of this inferiority complex and just enjoy what we have.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Of course it won’t. But it should.
So, you think it's a good idea to have less defensive depth heading into the playoffs? Jones is going to be an RFA. Why not wait until the offseason to trade him, if that's the direction we want to go?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So, you think it's a good idea to have less defensive depth heading into the playoffs? Jones is going to be an RFA. Why not wait until the offseason to trade him, if that's the direction we want to go?
It’s not what I would do, but in the context of the reality that we live in, if Jones is going to lose minutes to Lindgren/Mancini/Ruhwedel, then yeah I absolutely trade him. We aren’t going to be able to re-sign him. And even if we did, there is zero evidence he’s going to have a legitimate role. It’s just asset management at this point. Trade him in a package for an asset they’d actually use

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Prediction: Some people on here praise Mika for watching Panarin and Fox dominate the PP while he is in the corner not coming within 50 feet of the net on one timers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad