Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nice stat
thnx

just looking at some of the stats.

defining a blow-out win as 4+ goals in margin of victory

Jets are t-3rd with 10 wins of the sort (WSH and SEA also with 10). Dallas has 12. and Boston unsurprisingly has 13. CGY has 6.

Going the other way now. a blow-out loss 4+ goals in margin of a loss. the most are your typical bottom-feeders/tank for Berard teams.

BOS has the least with 0 losses of 4+ goals.
CGY (tied for 2nd w/ NYR, NJD, DAL) has 2 Ls of 4+ goals. We handed 1 of NJDs the other night
WPG has 4.

not sure if 4 is to high of a benchmark :dunno:

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
You mean where they played three tanking teams in a row (aka ‘an easy schedule’), yet were trailing in all three in the third period, and only got two miracles (instead of three) to go with their other 47 loser points?

Yep... if the Jets had those results and then lost to a team in in the Bedard sweepstakes while they were fighting for your playoffs lives on the outside looking in, I'd write the Jets off too.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
To continue my “A New Hope” metaphor with the Wedge “stay on target!” meme, here’s hoping that tomorrow we play the role of Luke and follow up on Wedge’s assist and plow that torpedo down Calgary’a gullet like they were a womprat down on Tattooine :)
One can never read the word "womprat" and not smile. :laugh::laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nashville and Calgary deserve a chance at the playoffs. Winnipeg deserves to hang a banner for most epic collapse in history.
Because other under performing bubble teams are more deserving? Going into the season many pundits had Calgary as easy division winners and now they are scrapping for the final wildcard spot. Seems pretty underwhelming to me.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I don't want to be mean to people I don't personally know, but there are some, actually every Flames fan I can see online seems to be hoping for the Nashville Predators to win today and saturday. I know that might confuse some of you, because, the Predators have a better points percentage and have been playing better than both the flames and jets lately. You might wonder.. White Out, why would Flames fans cheer for the Predators to beat the hurricanes in the east? Well silly it's because the Flames fans want the Predators to be extra confident and pumped up to play The Jets. Who do the Predators play next? The flames.

It really does feel like sometimes Flames fans are the Senators fans of the West. Clueless and mind boggling stuff. Talk about spitting in the face of karma

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Brendan Montour with a 4 point night tonight moves into a tie for 4th with Josh Morrissey and Adam Fox in scoring among defensemen, with 71 points on the season. Not much Norris talk with him, but he's been great for Paul Maurice this year, and my hockey pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: RabidOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad