Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Okay so both of you: on one hand, other than psychological measures, there’s really no reason why streaks (dominated as they are by luck) are ‘due’ to either continue or end. On the other hand, this IS pro sports, the one field in which a good story is better than science, so I figure, eh, what the hell :P the right team won against all odds, don’t they?

And FWIW it’s prolly for the best no one took me up on that offer. The way I’m running I couldn’t hit an iceberg if I was driving the Titanic, so the last thing I needed was to kiss of death this game for $2 or whatever.

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
I’ve been known to enjoy a bourbon based Old Fashioned from time to time. What’s your go to bourbon?
40 Oz bottles were sold out...I tries to replenish stock with a few bottles but the mlcc in my area was sold out lol

40 Oz bottles were sold out...I tries to replenish stock with a few bottles but the mlcc in my area was sold out lol
40 Oz makers mark I mean..itvwas on sale for 49$ entire month of March

Reactions: KingBogo

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
Reactions: Aggie204

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks Chicago!
Hope we can beat them too now
To continue my “A New Hope” metaphor with the Wedge “stay on target!” meme, here’s hoping that tomorrow we play the role of Luke and follow up on Wedge’s assist and plow that torpedo down Calgary’a gullet like they were a womprat down on Tattooine :)

Get Wheeler out there

The profoundly underrated post to end all profoundly underrated posts.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We are in boys... even the final result aside, not sure how the Flames psychologically deal with this.
You mean where they played three tanking teams in a row (aka ‘an easy schedule’), yet were trailing in all three in the third period, and only got two miracles (instead of three) to go with their other 47 loser points?

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
I love lemonade……I see where you are going with this. And it sounds delicious.
Ok...try this...fantastic summer drink that I enjoy.
3 normal sized ice cubes...2 Oz of gin, 1 Oz of lemon juice, and half a can of 7up...

Ok...try this...fantastic summer drink that I enjoy.
3 normal sized ice cubes...2 Oz of gin, 1 Oz of lemon juice, and half a can of 7up...
We call it a tall cool one lol and it's great

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
Makes me love Bucky all the more; his worst stretch (since mid feb) was “merely” .909, putting him “merely” at 55th percentile or so among starters. That’s his worst, lol
I'm hoping dd...diciventis...im not sure that's how it's spelled...gets to tandem with helle...I think we may be able to go from 1 great tender to another...much like how the rangers went from lundqist to shesterkin

I'm hoping dd...diciventis...im not sure that's how it's spelled...gets to tandem with helle...I think we may be able to go from 1 great tender to another...much like how the rangers went from lundqist to shesterkin
Add In lambert mcgroarty lucious perfetti and Samberg.. plus that euro dman...we may be set for a very good future already...plus the 2 Russians that seem to be good

Been around

Jul 16, 2022

Add In lambert mcgroarty lucious perfetti and Samberg.. plus that euro dman...we may be set for a very good future already...plus the 2 Russians that seem to be good
Mind you......im an eternal optomist...always looking for the positives

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
how close are the margins?

CGY has been in 46 1-goal games this year... i have no idea how this ranks historically, but seems really high? Vegas in 2nd with most 1-goal games with 41. Average across the league is 31.5 per team.

CGY is 18-28 which includes 7-15 in OT/SO.... talk about opportunities lost

comparison sake: we've been in 27 1-goal games this year

we are 17-10 overall, 10-3 in OT/SO

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
how close are the margins?

CGY has been in 46 1-goal games this year... i have no idea how this ranks historically, but seems really high? Vegas in 2nd with most 1-goal games with 41. Average across the league is 31.5 per team.

CGY is 18-28 which includes 7-15 in OT/SO.... talk about opportunities lost

comparison sake: we've been in 27 1-goal games this year

we are 17-10 overall, 10-3 in OT/SO
Nice stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad