Prospect Info: Mikhail Yegorov - pick #49 2024 NHL Draft

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I saw this blurb about the trade for the 2nd pick from LeBrun in The Athletic; seems like Marty was high on Yegorov:

"First, the Devils shipped Marino to Utah for a pair of second-round picks. It’s a move that appears to set up the UFA signing of Brett Pesce on Monday, according to league sources.

“We’d like to be aggressive in free agency,” Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald told The Athletic after the trade, not naming any free agent by name, of course. “And to be honest with you, getting a second-round pick for today in that deal was really important for my team — the goalie that we picked. Marty Brodeur was begging to get him a second-round pick. And the only way I could do that was with John Marino.

“John is a great player. He’s going to help Utah. We just feel like, ‘Let’s get in the (UFA) market.’ So that’s where we’re going.”"

• Love
Reactions: Nubmer6 and Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I saw this blurb about the trade for the 2nd pick from LeBrun in The Athletic; seems like Marty was high on Yegorov:

"First, the Devils shipped Marino to Utah for a pair of second-round picks. It’s a move that appears to set up the UFA signing of Brett Pesce on Monday, according to league sources.

“We’d like to be aggressive in free agency,” Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald told The Athletic after the trade, not naming any free agent by name, of course. “And to be honest with you, getting a second-round pick for today in that deal was really important for my team — the goalie that we picked. Marty Brodeur was begging to get him a second-round pick. And the only way I could do that was with John Marino.

“John is a great player. He’s going to help Utah. We just feel like, ‘Let’s get in the (UFA) market.’ So that’s where we’re going.”"

I love it. don't know if many others here will. People really seem down on Brodeur doing anything with or for the team.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Marty's been on the hockey side, for what, 2-3 years? Takes time to revamp the approach at the draft and possibly development. The team got hit with objectively bad luck with the position and all the injuries to the guys in front of the very average goalies they were forced to pivot to.

Except for maybe having Adin Hill in his top 5, he's always been complimentary of the right guys throughout his career - Rinne, Vasilevsky, etc. So if he's high on Yegorov, I think that's a great sign.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I believe it was also Marty who wanted Daws, and he seems to be the best of our guys right now. So I'm quite fine with this pick. Goaltending is such an important position and goalie prospects are so hard to predict, so I think it's the right move to pick a lot of them and at all ranges. I just wish our goalie coaching was better.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
ill preface this by saying i havent checked in on yegorov yet (probably should...) but to add some context to these numbers: he only had one SO total last year, and he only ever won b2b games once (3 in a row), which didnt happen until march. of course, so much of that was from omaha being a disaster, but its almost surreal seeing those numbers next to his name lol

at least for now, yegorov is splitting time in net with this kid who just came out of high school, so maybe a little bit more of a manageable load this year. i love the whole never back down attitude, but ill appreciate him not getting shelled night after night again lol

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
ill preface this by saying i havent checked in on yegorov yet (probably should...) but to add some context to these numbers: he only had one SO total last year, and he only ever won b2b games once (3 in a row), which didnt happen until march. of course, so much of that was from omaha being a disaster, but its almost surreal seeing those numbers next to his name lol

at least for now, yegorov is splitting time in net with this kid who just came out of high school, so maybe a little bit more of a manageable load this year. i love the whole never back down attitude, but ill appreciate him not getting shelled night after night again lol

Very nice to see, I read on the prospect forum (i think it was there) that he had already lost his starting spot to the high schooler because he was playing so terrible.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Very nice to see, I read on the prospect forum (i think it was there) that he had already lost his starting spot to the high schooler because he was playing so terrible.
quite the reaction to a few games into the season lol. i dont think we know the full extent of their rotation yet, but yegorov and hendrickson should be a good tandem, i expect omaha will want them both to get games. fwiw, yegorov got the start (and shutout) against a pretty good dubuque team. little bit more important to me than getting a b2b against someone at the bottom of the conference. sioux falls start this weekend and lincoln start next will be ones to watch, too, those are top teams

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Yeah, it was a post from the Prospects forum from October 18th:

1729610308667.png

Yegorov went out that night and had a 34 save shutout, followed by saving 23 out of 24 shots the following night.

Interestingly enough, Hendrickson did the same thing the prior weekend - shutout and then 1 goal allowed on back-to-back nights.

Regardless, stats favoring Yegorov currently:

1729610763212.png

Here's how their usage has been thus far this season:
9/19 - Hendrickson (L) 20/26 saves - yanked after 47:45; Yegorov 3/4
9/20 - Yegorov (L) 11/14 - yanked after 23:46; McKenna 13/14
10/4 - Yegorov (L) 19/21
10/5 - Hendrickson (L) 25/28
10/12 - Hendrickson (W) 18/18
10/13 - Hendrickson (W) 21/22
10/18 - Yegorov (W) 34/34
10/19 - Yegorov (W) 23/24

Omaha has 3 games coming up this weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), so it'll be interesting to see how they split the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad