Prospect Info: Mikhail Yegorov - pick #49 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I saw this blurb about the trade for the 2nd pick from LeBrun in The Athletic; seems like Marty was high on Yegorov:

"First, the Devils shipped Marino to Utah for a pair of second-round picks. It’s a move that appears to set up the UFA signing of Brett Pesce on Monday, according to league sources.

“We’d like to be aggressive in free agency,” Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald told The Athletic after the trade, not naming any free agent by name, of course. “And to be honest with you, getting a second-round pick for today in that deal was really important for my team — the goalie that we picked. Marty Brodeur was begging to get him a second-round pick. And the only way I could do that was with John Marino.

“John is a great player. He’s going to help Utah. We just feel like, ‘Let’s get in the (UFA) market.’ So that’s where we’re going.”"

• Love
Reactions: Nubmer6 and Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I saw this blurb about the trade for the 2nd pick from LeBrun in The Athletic; seems like Marty was high on Yegorov:

"First, the Devils shipped Marino to Utah for a pair of second-round picks. It’s a move that appears to set up the UFA signing of Brett Pesce on Monday, according to league sources.

“We’d like to be aggressive in free agency,” Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald told The Athletic after the trade, not naming any free agent by name, of course. “And to be honest with you, getting a second-round pick for today in that deal was really important for my team — the goalie that we picked. Marty Brodeur was begging to get him a second-round pick. And the only way I could do that was with John Marino.

“John is a great player. He’s going to help Utah. We just feel like, ‘Let’s get in the (UFA) market.’ So that’s where we’re going.”"

I love it. don't know if many others here will. People really seem down on Brodeur doing anything with or for the team.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Marty's been on the hockey side, for what, 2-3 years? Takes time to revamp the approach at the draft and possibly development. The team got hit with objectively bad luck with the position and all the injuries to the guys in front of the very average goalies they were forced to pivot to.

Except for maybe having Adin Hill in his top 5, he's always been complimentary of the right guys throughout his career - Rinne, Vasilevsky, etc. So if he's high on Yegorov, I think that's a great sign.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I believe it was also Marty who wanted Daws, and he seems to be the best of our guys right now. So I'm quite fine with this pick. Goaltending is such an important position and goalie prospects are so hard to predict, so I think it's the right move to pick a lot of them and at all ranges. I just wish our goalie coaching was better.

Ad

Ad

Ad