Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Who knows how he might have been regarded as a HC candidate a year earlier? Many 1st time NHL HC come from NHL assistants.

Again, just seems like a reach to be critical. 31 teams didn't have him as a coaching candidate the year prior.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Who knows how he might have been regarded as a HC candidate a year earlier? Many 1st time NHL HC come from NHL assistants.
Montgomery was a head coach prior and had a good start to his career prior to getting fired due to his addiction.

I definitely was interested in him last summer but no real surprise he chose the Bruins over us. That is if he was even on our radar.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Again, just seems like a reach to be critical. 31 teams didn't have him as a coaching candidate the year prior.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm agreeing that he would not have been available to the Jets this year because he was on the radar of other teams who would have been much more attractive propositions to him.

Therefore, he MIGHT have been available to the Jets a year earlier, if they had been looking, precisely because he was not on anyone else's radar a year earlier. If they had been looking (and they should have been), they would probably not have had him on their radar either, though maybe they should've had.

Wonder if the NHL will ever patch this up?

Patch what up?
They don't see anything wrong, or suspicious.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think you misunderstood my post. I'm agreeing that he would not have been available to the Jets this year because he was on the radar of other teams who would have been much more attractive propositions to him.

Therefore, he MIGHT have been available to the Jets a year earlier, if they had been looking, precisely because he was not on anyone else's radar a year earlier. If they had been looking (and they should have been), they would probably not have had him on their radar either, though maybe they should've had.

Based on the bolded I don't think I misunderstood at all. If it wasn't meant to be a criticism or an attempt to find a fault, however minor, then why even bring it up?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

what a come-back year for Karlsson, and break-out campaign for a few others (Morrissey, Dunn, Montour etc)

1681158172511.png

curious to see how 5v5 scoring shook out

1681158607480.png

Attachments

• 1681158554441.png
    1681158554441.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad