Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I think that Chevy still holds out hope that Stanley becomes that player he thought he could become when he drafted him, unfortunately atm it looks like he will be nothing more that a pb barely number 6 guy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I think that Chevy still holds out hope that Stanley becomes that player he thought he could become when he drafted him, unfortunately atm it looks like he will be nothing more that a pb barely number 6 guy.

Agree.

Also suspect there's some organizational face-saving here -- trade up to grab a guy with some flags and you're going to do everything you possibly can to let that pick succeed before cutting bait with whatever you can save from the escapade.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I actually thought Tampa would be interested as an size upgrade from Cole...
Stanley doesn’t play fast enough to fit the Lightning’s transition game and he’s not physical enough to have that going for him either. Just not a player a true contender would have as more than an 8th or 9th on the depth chart.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
You can't teach 6'7".... someone out there will see that and take a stab at it, and if Chevy gets any offers for Stanley he should seriously consider them.
Stanley and Chibrikov for Eller and Jensen or TVR

Capitals only have Carlson and now Sandin as defensemen under contract for next year. Stanley might appeal to them for rebuilding their back end.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stanley and Chibrikov for Eller and Jensen or TVR

Capitals only have Carlson and now Sandin as defensemen under contract for next year. Stanley might appeal to them for rebuilding their back end.
I think we can safely leave Chibrikov out of trade proposals as an unsigned b level Russian prospect playing in Russia doesn't appeal to any GM. Might as well offer a 1978 Play Boy that doesn't have it's pages stuck together.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So Ottawa beats Detroit rather handily in back to back games and ties them in the standings.

It will be interesting to see how Stevie Y reacts. He still has probably the most valuable trade asset left, if he chooses to move Larkin. Bertuzzi would get some attention too, and then there are some more impending UFAs that could fetch mid to late picks.

The funny thing is that 64 point mark is good enough for 10th worst in the NHL, shared by Washington, Detroit, Ottawa and Nashville, and realistically Florida, Buffalo and Calgary aren't that far off that mark. That's at least a chance at getting Bedard, so we'll see who wants to get their the most. Not likely the Panthers since they don't have their pick.

But for Ottawa or Detroit, winning 3 of 4 would put them in a tie with the Isles who have all those games in hand. So it's not like they are eliminated yet.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
For Tyson Barrie too. Oilers manage to dump Barrie and Pulujarvi on the same day. I'm guessing since they trade their PP QB they would probably be going for a guy like John Klingberg next.
Barrie isn't their pp qb. It runs through the usual suspects. Bouchard likely comes in and does Barrie's job.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Barrie isn't their pp qb. It runs through the usual suspects. Bouchard likely comes in and does Barrie's job.
He sure is. According to the Morning Puck and ice time distribution he's been doing that job. Even in Poile's interview on acquiring him, he cited his success in being a part of that PP. Bouchard has been 2nd PP with Nurse. Oilers just traded an offensive RD for a defensive LD. Which is going to put Kulak and rookie Broberg in competition now for their 3rd pairing. There's a hole on the right side now. Considering they were kicking tires on Karlsson good chance they go for a PP QB that isn't a defensive liability. Bouchard's got a cannon, but I'd be surprised if they gave him the reigns.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He sure is. According to the Morning Puck and ice time distribution he's been doing that job. Even in Poile's interview on acquiring him, he cited his success in being a part of that PP. Bouchard has been 2nd PP with Nurse. Oilers just traded an offensive RD for a defensive LD. Which is going to put Kulak and rookie Broberg in competition now for their 3rd pairing. There's a hole on the right side now. Considering they were kicking tires on Karlsson good chance they go for a PP QB that isn't a defensive liability. Bouchard's got a cannon, but I'd be surprised if they gave him the reigns.
He plays on the PP but the primary distributor is McDavid or RNH according to the commentary from oilers fans. Klingberg is a huge defensive liability.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He plays on the PP but the primary distributor is McDavid or RNH according to the commentary from oilers fans. Klingberg is a huge defensive liability.
Ok misunderstanding. Yep the puck definitely goes through Mc David, and to a lesser extent Nuge and Draisaitl.

Reactions: DRW204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad