2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So how far could we realistically sink over the next 6 weeks? We're at 15th currently and I think we could get as low as 8th or 9th in that time frame.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Losing Thomas is bad but I think long term it could benefit the Blues.

I’m confident nobody thinks this roster are contenders with or without Thomas. It’s an important year for Bolduc, Neighbors, and others. It’s a growing year for the team in general.

I hope the best for the players but I hope they get a top 5 pick. Doubt they’ll be that bad but it would be nice to draft really high and add a top prospect to the pool.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Zero chance he’s back in 6 weeks. He won’t be skating in 6 weeks. I broke my tibia and fibula right by the ankle 7 weeks ago. I got my cast off last week and I’m walking slowly. My ankle is still swollen.

He will have to stay off the ankle completely for 6 weeks. You wouldn’t believe how fast neuropathy sets in on the calf muscle when not using it. His ankle will be stiff after 6 weeks.

My best guess is it’ll take 3-4 weeks after the 6 weeks before he’s back to playing.

Are you a 25 year old physically peak professional athlete with access to the best medical care you can possibly get?

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This Thomas news is gonna make the team tough to watch.

And frankly, that’s probably what we get. I overall liked Armstrong’s offseason but you can’t really go into a season with question marks at BOTH 2C and 3C. We accumulated too many wingers and threw a Hail Mary at the center position, and unsurprisingly, that Hail Mary was intercepted. There needs to be more of a focus put here besides putting it all on Dvorsky’s shoulders. We are going to have to acquire someone else from outside the organization by the start of 2025 Training Camp.

Who should we have acquired? All the center UFA options got overpaid and we didn't need anyone blocking Dvorsky long term. And it's not like guys like Stephenson or Monahan are major needle movers. Or we could have used assets for a trade but does that really make sense in a season when we're not expected to contend?

We may see a minor trade for a stopgap center but we're just gonna have to roll with Buch, Schenn, Sunny, Faksa and maybe hope one of Holloway/Texier sticks. Dean and/or Dvorsky might get a call up if all else fails.

If Boston is really looking to move Frederic for more offense I wonder if Saad would get it done, perhaps with a small add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad