2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
How over 50% of the voters thought the Blues are a playoff team is surprising to me. I agree with everything P9 said above…this team is glaringly short on talent and needs a massive infusion of top-of-the-draft skill. But adding one forward or one defenseman to this group isn’t going to fix much. They need several high-end pieces to help Thomas, Kyrou and Buchnevich.

I assume D. Armstrong is just trying to instill confidence and a sense of trust when he says this club should compete for a playoff spot. Deep down he’s got to know what an inferior group he has assembled. There are a whole lot of third and fourth line forwards on this club, and a void of 50% of the required top-6 talent.

The defense needs two more top-4 guys to be formidable and a clear #1 has to be found. Parayko and Faulk at best are 2/3’s if partnered with a stud they don’t have. Broberg and Leddy would be ok as 4’s, but ideally the latter would be your #5.

Binner is going to earn the club a lot more points than they deserve…but this is still a bottom-10 roster even with his heroics. If the wheels come off, they could be drafting top-6 and I’d be surprised none. I’d be more surprised to see them make the playoffs than I would be to see them finish 7th in the Central.

An inferior group he has assembled? Everyone knew the deal coming into this season so why are fans acting surprised? It's a transition year to let the kids and prospects develop. Not sure what magical moves Doug could have made this summer to satisfy you and the always complaining crowd. I'd say he did pretty well this past summer considering who we got and what we gave up.

But these hot takes after 4 games mean very little in the long term. Every season has ups and downs and yet fans seem to forget that. I mean we're friggin .500 after 4 games and some fans are already in crisis mode lol.

Regarding d corps, I don't think anyone believes our group is enough to contend but Florida just won a Cup with Mikkola as their number 4. So I question if a team truly needs as much talent on the back end as you're suggesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad