2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't like that top line. This is asking a lot of Thomas. Our 80-90 point C is flanked by 2 40-point wings.

Neighbours should be with a high-volume shooter to screen goalie and bang home rebounds. Thomas is very low volume (12th of Blues forwards last year in iCorsiF/60) and Saad relatively so (8th in same) All of our 3 most prolific shioters still on the team are on the Buchnevich line.

Saad I'd prefer we deployed in a defensive role which Neighbours is not suited for.

I get we are trying to break up our big 3 forwards to have more scoring depth. I get we can mix up lines until we find chemistry. So I'm not mad they are trying it. I just don't think it will be as effective.

Reactions: taylord22

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
In today’s practice lines we got both Saad and Bolduc in the lineup with Kapanen scratched, per Korac. So that’s a start.

That already makes them look a lot better on paper.

Anyone wanna take bets on who the new scapegoat will be? I call Suter, but Leddy is the early favorite.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Anyone wanna take bets on who the new scapegoat will be? I call Suter, but Leddy is the early favorite.

I bet whoever plays poorly. You'd think Kapanen only being offered a $1m contract and being a potential healthy scratch would indicate he was not unfairly scapegoated when fans said he needs to be better. Seems like our GM and coach agree

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't like that top line. This is asking a lot of Thomas. Our 80-90 point C is flanked by 2 40-point wings.

Neighbours should be with a high-volume shooter to screen goalie and bang home rebounds. Thomas is very low volume (12th of Blues forwards last year in iCorsiF/60) and Saad relatively so (8th in same) All of our 3 most prolific shioters still on the team are on the Buchnevich line.

Saad I'd prefer we deployed in a defensive role which Neighbours is not suited for.

I get we are trying to break up our big 3 forwards to have more scoring depth. I get we can mix up lines until we find chemistry. So I'm not mad they are trying it. I just don't think it will be as effective.
Pretty much agree with all of this. For us to be able to develop the next young core, part of it will be dependent on the current young guys either becoming good enough to play on the top 2 lines without some of their current issues, or being able to lead a 3rd line themselves.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Pretty much agree with all of this. For us to be able to develop the next young core, part of it will be dependent on the current young guys either becoming good enough to play on the top 2 lines without some of their current issues, or being able to lead a 3rd line themselves.

Agreed. This is a good season to put guys in slightly uncomfortable situations and see if they can grow. Ultimately, you will need to put more one-dimensional players in a position to suceed. Even if Neighbours never develops a mid-range scoring touch/ability to get open or playmaking, he still will have a great Mid-6 career as a banger if we pair him with the right players.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad