2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
a potent 2C and a potent 1D added to this team and it's a contender. however, those are massive pieces that franchises hunt over long years. it isn't going to happen this year so the wins like yesterdays will feel unsustainable. that style of win is one we could see again with Binner being the absolute difference maker to keep them in games long enough to capitalize, but being dominated for the first 30 minutes is not a sustainable winning formula

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
a potent 2C and a potent 1D added to this team and it's a contender. however, those are massive pieces that franchises hunt over long years. it isn't going to happen this year so the wins like yesterdays will feel unsustainable. that style of win is one we could see again with Binner being the absolute difference maker to keep them in games long enough to capitalize, but being dominated for the first 30 minutes is not a sustainable winning formula
Agreed. I’d say they were dominated for more like 20 min but either way, you’re quite lucky to win when your play is that bad for 1/3ish of the game. But you could say the same for Seattle not playing a full 60. They had a really bad 2 minutes there in the 2nd and that was it to cost them the game.

I don’t want to make too many judgments after one game but I expect this team to be very inconsistent this season and for Binny/Hofer to steal some games they shouldn’t win, which will likely keep them in the mushy middle.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Agreed. I’d say they were dominated for more like 20 min but either way, you’re quite lucky to win when your play is that bad for 1/3ish of the game. But you could say the same for Seattle not playing a full 60. They had a really bad 2 minutes there in the 2nd and that was it to cost them the game.

I don’t want to make too many judgments after one game but I expect this team to be very inconsistent this season and for Binny/Hofer to steal some games they shouldn’t win, which will likely keep them in the mushy middle.
absolutely, I said in seattle's gdt that this was a game both teams deserved to lose because they both displayed their weaknesses and one was weaker. the difference in this game was Binnington now 5 wins from tying Liut #1 alltime

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

It was more than 20 minutes. We lost the advanced metrics for the 2nd badly because of how bad we started the 2nd. We lost the advanced stats battle for the game due to how bad our first 30+ minutes went. Look at the xGF% over time chart on natural stat trick, it keeps rising sharply well into the 2nd.

Ultimately it's goals not expected goals that matter. And we won that. But the bleeding didn't stop until our first goal 33 minutes and change into the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad