Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I still think the stars could align for the Jets.

If they can get it sorted out by playoffs which I think they will, and someone knocks out the Avs, the road to the finals becomes easier than it has been in years (not easy, but easier).

The East kicks the shit out of each other and only one can come out.

Maybe NJ goes on a run??

Like every playoffs, a lot has to go right for any team that wins but we have Hellebuyck, guys who can score (its true) and systems made for the post season.

Neiderreiter is a guy made for the playoffs, too. I'd love to snag a guy who can win faceoffs and is really good defensively and maybe another scoring RW.

This is the year imho

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I still think the stars could align for the Jets.

If they can get it sorted out by playoffs which I think they will, and someone knocks out the Avs, the road to the finals becomes easier than it has been in years (not easy, but easier).

The East kicks the shit out of each other and only one can come out.

Maybe NJ goes on a run??

Like every playoffs, a lot has to go right for any team that wins but we have Hellebuyck, guys who can score (its true) and systems made for the post season.

Neiderreiter is a guy made for the playoffs, too. I'd love to snag a guy who can win faceoffs and is really good defensively and maybe another scoring RW.

This is the year imho

The team really just needs to start finishing again. I think the lack of finish over an extend period (20 games) has put pressure on the key guys and they are now deviating from the scheme and cheating to try to get goals. If we can get that workman like effort back and get some goals and the pressure decreases then I see them getting back to solid systems play. It's easy to keep a system in place when things are good, much harder when things start to unravel.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The team really just needs to start finishing again. I think the lack of finish over an extend period (20 games) has put pressure on the key guys and they are now deviating from the scheme and cheating to try to get goals. If we can get that workman like effort back and get some goals and the pressure decreases then I see them getting back to solid systems play. It's easy to keep a system in place when things are good, much harder when things start to unravel.
I am really curious about the impact of Brad Lauer being out.

To me, Bowness seems like the big picture guy, and Lauer is the x's and o's coach.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Avs will be first in the central pretty soon, 6 straight wins
Gonna be alot of sad, sad faces out east if Avs win it all.

I am really curious about the impact of Brad Lauer being out.

To me, Bowness seems like the big picture guy, and Lauer is the x's and o's coach.
Normally I'd say no big deal, but we saw what happened when Woodcraft left.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not unprecedented, Griffen Reinhart returned the pick that became Barzal.

I think Chevy could get a second for him easily, but not sure about a first.
I'd prefer at this time a GM thought of Stanley as equivalent to his draft position and Chevy was able to use that to get some help now for the team.

Reactions: ERYX and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd prefer at this time a GM thought of Stanley as equivalent to his draft position and Chevy was able to use that to get some help now for the team.

Possibly could buy and sell. Maybe pay a 3rd/4th for Schenn but sell Stanley for a 1st.

Then we would have a spare 1st and maybe Chisholm type prospect for another forward piece.

Reactions: KingBogo

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
The troubling thing of recent is the fall in xGF and more generally the fall in dangerous scoring chances. Just pointing out that the problem runs deeper than simply shooting percentage. I`m still not sure whether the problem is the players drifting out of the schemes that Bones put in place initially, or, whether Bones has in fact got even more risk averse within the schemes by design and the players are having difficulty learning what he wants.

Just taking a broad look, what do we see on the ice. The once aggressive "chip and chase to an empty spot " upon entry seems now to be "dump deep and chase". The D seem to be more hesitant to get involved offensively than they once were and seldom move from their point position.The forecheck is notably less aggressive and much slower overall. There is less emphasis to standing up at our blueline and to challenging zone entries. The team is more inclined to fall back or retrench in almost all game situations. I believe that these are all signs of Bones tightening more and more - perhaps to the point where he has gone too far and needs to rethink.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We will see what Chevy can pull off, but I really like the report that teams are interested in Stanley.

That seems promising. Hopefully Chevy can pull something off.

Chychrun, Parayko, Ekholm, Fabbro, Gavrikov, Schmaltz, Vrana, Bertuzzi are all guys listed on the trade boards I like as potential targets still available.

If Nashville is still interested in Stanley I wonder if we could do a lefty for righty swap. Both drafted in the same year one pick apart.

Reactions: KingBogo

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The troubling thing of recent is the fall in xGF and more generally the fall in dangerous scoring chances. Just pointing out that the problem runs deeper than simply shooting percentage. I`m still not sure whether the problem is the players drifting out of the schemes that Bones put in place initially, or, whether Bones has in fact got even more risk averse within the schemes by design and the players are having difficulty learning what he wants.

Just taking a broad look, what do we see on the ice. The once aggressive "chip and chase to an empty spot " upon entry seems now to be "dump deep and chase". The D seem to be more hesitant to get involved offensively than they once were and seldom move from their point position.The forecheck is notably less aggressive and much slower overall. There is less emphasis to standing up at our blueline and to challenging zone entries. The team is more inclined to fall back or retrench in almost all game situations. I believe that these are all signs of Bones tightening more and more - perhaps to the point where he has gone too far and needs to rethink.

Very possible. It could also be the sign of a team with low confidence and trust so you aren't seeing the same aggressiveness.

Interesting about the XGF. To me the data says we have been top 10 in the league over the last 10 games. Maybe that's more to do with tighter d at the soft of some scoring have surmised.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Possibly could buy and sell. Maybe pay a 3rd/4th for Schenn but sell Stanley for a 1st.

Then we would have a spare 1st and maybe Chisholm type prospect for another forward piece.
I think getting a 1st for Stanley is a little optimistic. Who has their 1st left to trade? Carolina? Pittsburgh is said to not have their 1st on the table this year. Buffalo unlikely. Down to Vegas, Colorado, L.A, Edmonton, Seattle, Minnesota. Minnesota is likely to land Boeser, with some manoeuvring. I don't think any of the other challengers would have that high of an opinion of Stanley. But teams that have holes on defense for next year like Washington or Arizona makes sense. Especially if Chychrun gets moved. A Schenn for Stanley trade is pretty even. Wouldn't cost high assets beyond him. Vancouver seems to like our players. Maybe reunite Stanley-Poolman next year.

Does Chevy trade his 3rd this year? One of the two 5ths is probably available.

That's where we don't Chevy's plan for next year. St. Louis and Nashville, 2 direct rivals, and Chicago and Arizona who are more in the rebuild phase, are loaded up with picks. Our draft board looks more like Colorado's and Colorado is still the summit to climb. But with so many impending UFAs Chevy could make out with at least 3 1sts.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think getting a 1st for Stanley is a little optimistic. Who has their 1st left to trade? Carolina? Pittsburgh is said to not have their 1st on the table this year. Buffalo unlikely. Down to Vegas, Colorado, L.A, Edmonton, Seattle, Minnesota. Minnesota is likely to land Boeser, with some manoeuvring. I don't think any of the other challengers would have that high of an opinion of Stanley. But teams that have holes on defense for next year like Washington or Arizona makes sense. Especially if Chychrun gets moved. A Schenn for Stanley trade is pretty even. Wouldn't cost high assets beyond him. Vancouver seems to like our players. Maybe reunite Stanley-Poolman next year.

Does Chevy trade his 3rd this year? One of the two 5ths is probably available.

That's where we don't Chevy's plan for next year. St. Louis and Nashville, 2 direct rivals, and Chicago and Arizona who are more in the rebuild phase, are loaded up with picks. Our draft board looks more like Colorado's and Colorado is still the summit to climb. But with so many impending UFAs Chevy could make out with at least 3 1sts.
I actually thought Tampa would be interested as an size upgrade from Cole...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I actually thought Tampa would be interested as an size upgrade from Cole...
The team I think that would give up a 2nd for him is the Rangers. They had such a struggle last after Lindgren went down. They added Mikkola, but he could play either side.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I

This kind of excites me. Something has to give on that back end. I want Stanley to succeed, but his manner of play is very cognizant on sheltering and systems.

I sure hope chevy didnt balk at stanley for nino and offer the 2nd instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad