Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
SN/TSN pump up the Leafs tires so hard to keep eyeballs glued to the point where when the Leafs make a trade for a player that is having a terrible year the fans think it's the greatest deal of the century. Leafs will go out early again ROR will go back to St. louis and the Leafs will be bystanders at the draft.
ROR will be fed to the lions. Poetic…

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 9.06.16 AM.png

Keefe: "It was tough not to weep in self-absorbed maudlin squalor ... I was trying to digest the inevitability of guaranteed wins, the pomp, the undying love of the fans, the cementing of my name in history, the heft of the cup itself as I kiss the embossed face over and over again; the highly likely (lets just say its a given) overt adulation of the media fondly recalling the record-setting 16 straight wins through the playoffs, and of course the ponderous victory march through the streets of Toronto this spring - culminating in the penultimate visit to city hall to accept the Key to the City".

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe has wept, rapped loudly at the corner of Avenue and St. Clair with Drake, and literally exploded while considering the fruits of the recent trade by Dubas, the Toronto godlet facilitator, about the opportunity to secure the Cup with the acquisitions of Ryan O'Reilly and Noel Acciari, and he discusses not so much where he's considering slotting them in, but more to the point, addresses Toronto's likely rocket-like J-curve trajectory to an assured Stanley Cup situation, Dubas' choice in eye-gear, the mid season dance party at Austin's condo, the fat business deals forthcoming (including ideas for his own video game eg, Keefe Wars '23) and more.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

TSN.ca has just posted this beauty:

Keefe: It was tough not to weep ... was trying to digest the inevitability of guaranteed wins, the pomp, the undying love of the fans, the cementing of my name in history, the heft of the cup itself as I kiss the embossed face over and over again; the overt adulation of the media fondly recalling the record-setting 16 straight wins through the playoffs, and of course the slow victorious march through the streets of Toronto this spring - culminating in the penultimate visit to city hall to accept the Key to the City.

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe has literally exploded while considering the fruit of the recent trade by Dubas, the godlet facilitator, about the opportunity to secure the Cup with the acquisitions of Ryan O'Reilly and Noel Acciari, and he discusses not so much where he's considering slotting them in, but more to the point, addresses Toronto's likely rocket-like arc to an assured Stanley Cup situation, and more.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
:)

The Leafs seem to hold parallels to baseballs' Yankees, minus all the success.:laugh:

I get that there are Leafs fans coast to coast.

I understand that Eastern Canada is top heavy in population, and have huge pull on ratings, ad money, and legions of slavering on-side personalities quivering to help spread the word.
View attachment 652673

But if you are at all like me (there are *millions* of us in Canada and the US (if HFBoards talk is any indication)) who harbour a quintessential gut-felt dislike of the Leafs, their hype, and the 24/7 PR feed (Austin loves cinnamon on his Quaker Oats, we think this helps him tape his stick!), then news onslaught during the next few months will take courage.

Brace yourselves friends, you know who you are.

brace-yourself-brace.gif

giphy.gif
Why is Giordano saying brace yourself?:sarcasm:

Reactions: kanadalainen

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't think Kyle Dubas has carte Blanche, and I think Shannahan is really calling the shots, and Dubas is more of a puppet, and a security blanket for Shannahan's job, should things go bad. Brendan has a nice situation in Toronto, acting like a GM, but having an easy out if things don't work out. I could be wrong, but with Brendan being President of hockey operations, I'm sure everything is initially orchestrated by him, or at the very least OK'd by him.

I really don't think Dubas has much power at all in that organization, but I could be wrong here ? I wonder if anyone else agrees ?
So how can he snooker an entire franchise like OP said if he's merely a puppet. It's not unilateral decisions

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And the Oilers give up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd and then lose in OT to the Avs. Man the Oilers are a soft defensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad