The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 205 54.5%
  • B

Votes: 134 35.6%
  • C

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • D

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • E

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • F

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think of Dach as being fast pre knee injury, and Slaf has some speed.

For sure HuGo will look to address the speed issue. For next year, Armia and Dvo come off the books. And we have Hage and Beck on the way. How's Demidov's speed. I think I've heard mixed reports. Some say he's fast. Some say he's average.
Demidov improved his speed from last year, but the top speed he was clocked at in the KHL isn't anything to scream about in the NHL (it's above average at least).

And people who think Evans is fast haven't checked his NHL edge data.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Max Lapierre is not looking at next year.
He's looking at the here and now he wants this team to be better and he's pointing out obvious flaws.
Max is a very smart guy and definitely knows what he is talking about.
The constant refrain on this board is oh next year this and next year that are going to happen.
Lapierre still has NHL DNA in his blood and looks at that as defeatism.
The team has regressed in his eyes as it has for some of us here there is no spark.

For sure the long term versus short term is the difference in the way HuGo see things and the way Max Lapierre sees things.

I would have liked to have signed Monahan. I can see the risks of 5 years. But he would have helped the team short term, and he may still be good at 33 and 34 in the final two years of his 5 year deal. But I can understand those who didn't want to take that risk.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
2021-2022: 32nd in GA
2022-2023: 29th in GA
2023-2024: 27th in GA
2024-2025: With only 7 games played we are once again 27th in GA/G

If you can't see progress that says more about you then it does the team.
Haha, what we have seen this year is progression. Badly outplayed in 6 of 7 games.

The bar is really freaking low for some. I bet you watched the ranger game and thought they didn’t play too bad.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Sure we do just let us know when the ups start this season. :laugh:
The team just has to play better nothing more nothing less.
💯

It’s not about wins or loses. At the start of the year I said they would get about the same points they did last year.

It’s about how they are playing. I don’t care if they lose but play with energy, show up at puck drop, and don’t get globetrotted for minutes on end in their own zone.

Work hard and be competitive, ffs, is that too much to ask at this point of the rebuild? How anyone can watch these 7 games not expect more is crazy.

At some point you have to stop using the “rebuild” as an excuse and expect more. Next summer I expect Hugo to be very active, and we need to start seeing results on the ice.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
forgive me, I would say I come in paix, but that line needs to die painfully.

i’m curious, how much would it cost in draft pick to pick up Christian Dvorak?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
draft picks? try canadian tire money

lol! Basically, I’m seeing rumors and trying to put the piece together. It looks like Barry Trotz has already started calling people about a center and the defenseman TSN has trade rumors with Utah and Montreal

Also, we remember with Christian Dvorak did to us when he was with the Yotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad