Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don’t understand what is happening in Vancouver. I get that Rutherford wanted his own guy, but, really, Tocchet? That’s the best he could do?

Boudreau isn’t even bad and that whole fiasco was just embarrassing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You're kidding right - PLD becomes their 1C while Bedard develops at 2C... Suzuki and caufield on the wings

OK, sure - but they don't have an opening at C. He bumps their current 1C.

And that doesn't make them a contender. Bedard doesn't make them a contender. Not with their D corps and goalies. If PLD wants to play on a contender he won't go to Mtl for a few years, even if they get Bedard.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Edmonton the top Canadian team this week. I can’t help but feel that tsn is in damage control mode due to all the incessant leaf pumping.

Made watching national broadcasts unwatchable this year more than ever.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Edmonton the top Canadian team this week. I can’t help but feel that tsn is in damage control mode due to all the incessant leaf pumping.

They are so flavor of the week over there. Edmonton has a good run and all of a sudden it's like "See they are good".

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
You're kidding right - PLD becomes their 1C while Bedard develops at 2C... Suzuki and caufield on the wings
Wicked cool setup if they could achieve it.

But PLD is going to get paid. Here, Montreal, wherever. So you're looking at ~$10 million, maybe more. Guessing 6-8 year term.

Bedard is going to be inexpensive for three years on his ELC. Then, if he lives up to any of his hype, is going to arguably be more than PLD.

Suzuki is signed at a seemingly reasonable $7 million. Moving him to the wing and he's a poor man's Kyle Connor. I don't follow the Habs enough to know if that's good value or not, I like Suzuki so I'll assume so.

Caulfield is currently in the last year of his ELC. You can bridge him if you like but that may or may not work out well. I'm guessing you're paying him at least what Suzuki is making.

Seems workable, but still light on D and G - Edmonton 2.0?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

Always weird when tsn does this instead of sportsnet who actually does the homer oiler broadcasts

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
But if you back up a few months and look at the situation do you go about it that way? All things considered, which C is more valuable to the team, the one who doesn't seem to get along but scores a little more, or the team captain who seems to lead well and scores a little less?

The situation was that you had to know you might not have the cap space to sign both. I would have wanted to lock up Bo first and then see if I could find a way to afford extending JT. If not, then trade JT.
The problem there is the one that doesnt get a ton of attention outside that market: Miller spends almost all of his time at wing, he isnt a good center. Part of the reason they sucked so bad to start the season. They went with Petterson, Miller, Horvat as C’s and Miller was bad.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They are so flavor of the week over there. Edmonton has a good run and all of a sudden it's like "See they are good".
With any improvement in goaltending from last season the Oilers might just be the best team in the Pacific when it's all said and done, now that they are healthy and still managing to keep players on LTIR to stay under the Cap.
As defending Conference finalists you have to consider them a dangerous team with the firepower they have.

Jets can stay in that underdog role right up until the playoffs as far as I am concerned. Though I think finishing as the Conference champions would be a banner season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
With any improvement in goaltending from last season the Oilers might just be the best team in the Pacific when it's all said and done, now that they are healthy and still managing to keep players on LTIR to stay under the Cap.
As defending Conference finalists you have to consider them a dangerous team with the firepower they have.

Jets can stay in that underdog role right up until the playoffs as far as I am concerned. Though I think finishing as the Conference champions would be a banner season.

I think Vegas is a better all around team but their goaltending is coming back down to earth a bit. But yes the Pacofic is so weak the Oilers should easily be in the top 2.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The problem there is the one that doesnt get a ton of attention outside that market: Miller spends almost all of his time at wing, he isnt a good center. Part of the reason they sucked so bad to start the season. They went with Petterson, Miller, Horvat as C’s and Miller was bad.

All the more reason to prioritize Bo.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

TSN is not to blame for the national broadcasts. They are exclusively SN

Not that TSN isn't kissing up to TML all of the time, but SN is even worse.

They weren't named team of the year, just this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Caufield and Norris with season ending injuries as their teams enter the final stretch in the race to the bottom.

Is Norris destined to be injury prone?

I think Nashville got at least 1 banner for that. :laugh:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Is Norris destined to be injury prone?

Tarasenko's recovery has shown that shoulders can be salvaged so who can say?

I think Norris getting shut down is just to help Ottawa's short term tank objective as I alluded to. I think if they (or Montreal with Caufield) were in the position of the Jets in the standings both players would have played through their injuries.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Tarasenko's recovery has shown that shoulders can be salvaged so who can say?

I think Norris getting shut down is just to help Ottawa's short term tank objective as I alluded to. I think if they (or Montreal with Caufield) were in the position of the Jets in the standings both players would have played through their injuries.

There is also the thing of having your player get his surgery early to allow more recovery time before TC.

Reactions: sipowicz and None
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad