Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Tarasenko's recovery has shown that shoulders can be salvaged so who can say?

I think Norris getting shut down is just to help Ottawa's short term tank objective as I alluded to. I think if they (or Montreal with Caufield) were in the position of the Jets in the standings both players would have played through their injuries.
If the Habs are shutting down Caufield to get surgery done early otherwise he could have played through it, you'd have to think the Habs and his agent have pretty much mapped out his next contract. Can't see it going well if you have a rising star in the last year of his ELC and then low ball him in contract negotiations.

Reactions: surixon and None

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Stars and Sabres tied at 2 with 6 minutes left. C’mon Tage it someone!!!

A regulation loss by the Stars would move us back to first again.

Edit 2: sabres win in OT!!!!!!!!
Someone get Rick Jeannerette out of retirement!

Reactions: Gm0ney

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Stars and Sabres tied at 2 with 6 minutes left. C’mon Tage or someone!!!

A regulation loss by the Stars would move us back to first again.
I must be in the future because the game is in ot now

and buffalo wins in ot, win tomorrow and were back in 1st

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If the Habs are shutting down Caufield to get surgery done early otherwise he could have played through it, you'd have to think the Habs and his agent have pretty much mapped out his next contract. Can't see it going well if you have a rising star in the last year of his ELC and then low ball him in contract negotiations.

Seems like he is a cornerstone piece for the Habs as they rebuild. The one challenge is that Caufield is small as hell and he is already absorbing his first season ending shoulder surgery. At 5’7” does he have the body type to stand up to the grind of the 82 game schedule year after year? I guess time will tell because I assume Montreal is going to pay him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I wonder if we’ll ever get Gord Miller on Sportsnet. Would lose him for the juniors but Cuthbert on the A-team right now is unbearable. He’s just like Paul Edmonds where he gets so excited over nothing.

Reactions: Fairview

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Seems like he is a cornerstone piece for the Habs as they rebuild. The one challenge is that Caufield is small as hell and he is already absorbing his first season ending shoulder surgery. At 5’7” does he have the body type to stand up to the grind of the 82 game schedule year after year.
Just one more reason pld should prefer playing with Connor. Connor has never had a serious injury so is a more reliable bet to boost PLD’s numbers.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems like he is a cornerstone piece for the Habs as they rebuild. The one challenge is that Caufield is small as hell and he is already absorbing his first season ending shoulder surgery. At 5’7” does he have the body type to stand up to the grind of the 82 game schedule year after year? I guess time will tell because I assume Montreal is going to pay him.
Agreed I’d be worried if he was a Jet. But once you start down a path it is hard to move off it.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Calgary got away with murder that OT and of course get the win due to refs turning a blind eye to their clutching and grabbing.
refs tried their best to give them the regulation win when they gave cbj a 2 many man call when they only had 5 on the ice

Reactions: surixon

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Calgary got away with murder that OT and of course get the win due to refs turning a blind eye to their clutching and grabbing.
I only caught the OT but it seemed like there were 2 Jackets hauled down on the game winning goal. Hrudey called the 2nd one a great job of stripping the puck. Gaudreu was literally laying on the ice with the Calgary stick still wedged in there.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I only caught the OT but it seemed like there were 2 Jackets hauled down on the game winning goal. Hrudey called the 2nd one a great job of stripping the puck. Gaudreu was literally laying on the ice with the Calgary stick still wedged in there.

Yup. The free arm came up and wrapped around his shoulder and spun him around and then he was hauled to the ice.

Given the refs also gave the Blue Jackets a fake too many men on the ice call with under 5 minutes left and Calgary got pretty favorable officiating to end the game.

Last edited:

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Right up there with some of the other guys who are first ballot hall of fame in the "NHL owners who are f***s ups" category.

Harold Ballard -- step on down!!!!

And down... and down... and down...

It's a bizarre situation, but this level of dysfunction has become fairly routine in top-flight football, where clubs are subject to the whims of owners and where club ownership itself has increasingly been reduced to sportswashing and national bragging rights, with some teams swapping managers every year or so. The world in which a Sir AF / Fergie could rule for decades is long gone.

You wouldn't run a business this way -- but you might mess around with a hobby this way I guess.

Reactions: ps241

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Just one more reason pld should prefer playing with Connor. Connor has never had a serious injury so is a more reliable bet to boost PLD’s numbers.

Yep. KFC has a remarkable ability to shed checks. He's like smoke out there, usually in a good way.

I sometimes think that stats like p/60 undersell the importance of durability in a good player. Like consistency, It seems to be an underrated quality in a scorer.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He's listed as 174 lbs. On a 5'7 frame that is pretty muscular. Should be able to absorb some punishment.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Yup. The free arm came up and wrapped around his shoulder and spun him around and then he was hauled to the ice.

Given the refs also gave the Blue Jackets a fake too many men on the ice call with under 5 minutes left and Calgary got pretty favorable officiating to end the game.
Refs must have bet on the Flames but seriously the Flames usually get calls against them.
Maybe the NHL wants CBJ to get Bedard.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Harold Ballard -- step on down!!!!

And down... and down... and down...

It's a bizarre situation, but this level of dysfunction has become fairly routine in top-flight football, where clubs are subject to the whims of owners and where club ownership itself has increasingly been reduced to sportswashing and national bragging rights, with some teams swapping managers every year or so. The world in which a Sir AF / Fergie could rule for decades is long gone.

You wouldn't run a business this way -- but you might mess around with a hobby this way I guess.

Yea I think that for the most part these professional teams/sport properties end up being passion project/hobbies for billionaires that are pretty clueless when it comes to running sporting organizations. The bad ones also seem to be incapable of getting out of the way, most likely due to hubris, and inflated egos.

Take the case of Aquillini........His father Luigi immigrated to Canada in the 50's and he started a construction company in the 60's and was one of those classic immigrant success stories where he scaled a development company and built massive wealth with real-estate holdings, and condo towers. His Kids joined the company when they got old enough and who knows how talented they were/are since they didn't found, or create anything and they got the job because their dad owned the company. They might be qualified or they might suck? Now what does running a construction and development company have to do with running the Vancouver Canucks? The answer apparently seems to be sweet f*** all since Francesco looks like he is in way over his head and is a meddler to boot.

Cue them being the laughing stock of the league currently.

Last edited:

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Yea I think that for the most part these professional teams/sport properties end up being passion project/hobbies for billionaires that are pretty clueless when it comes to running sporting organizations. The bad ones also seem to be incapable of getting out of the way, most likely due to hubris, and inflated egos.
Dan Snyder, owner of the Washington Commanders, might be the best example of this in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad