Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Tampa needs to win their remaining two games or they will finish as the only non-100-point team to finish in the top 3 of their division.

Seattle is a 100-point team in their second year. Hakstol probably will win coach of the year. There's a slim chance they finish with more wins than us.

Reactions: egelband

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Florida needs one point to clinch. If that happens, the only team that could pass them is Pittsburgh.

Had they won last night, they would have clinched.

The Fishsticks really hurt themselves. They don’t control their own destiny.
Pittsburgh plays Chicago tonight, and Columbus on Thursday I think. I hope they win out and put the Islanders on the golf course early. And...GO FLORIDA!

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Pittsburgh plays Chicago tonight, and Columbus on Thursday I think. I hope they win out and put the Islanders on the golf course early. And...GO FLORIDA!
I’d just assume Pittsburgh loses out.

I wouldn’t want to be Boston, Carolina, or the Devils having to face Florida, Buffalo, or even the Fishsticks (Sorokin).

Pittsburgh would be a cakewalk, and would restore the Hurricanes’ confidence.

Plus, that damn team would keep Crosby, Malkin, and Letang AGAIN to annoy all hockey fans not in Pittsburgh or follow a bandwagon.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The scoring is out of control this season.
It’s back to where it was in the late 80s - early 90s, unfortunately with “game management” from the refs. That’s why there are fewer 8-2 games than there were back then.

I prefer this to the post expansion dead puck crap and trap garbage. Going down 2-0 isn’t the end of a game any more.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm rooting for Buffalo to win out and make the playoffs.

Also scoring in the 80s was still far worse.

We're at 6.3 goals a game this season, trending up from 5.5 a game around 2010-2011. GPG is as high as it's been since the full season lockout, even more than 05-06 because the number of PPs called has gone way down, but the average PP% has gone way up.

The dead puck era the GPG drops to nearly 5 a game in some spots. Trap era. The butterfly style starts to revolutionize goaltending, and save percentage rises.

But you go back into the 80s and you have 8 goals a game on average in some seasons. Even in the early 1990s you had an average of close to 7 gpg just because league average goaltending was still .890 at that point, no one knew how to stop the puck back then.

Last edited:

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
San Jose has the least amount of wins in the league this season.

+/- is always referred to as a bad stat and for some reason everyone is using it now to diminish what Karlsson did this season. I'm not some kind of big Karlsson fan, i dont have a reason to defend him, but he had a historic season. 1st defenseman since 91-92 to reach 100 points in a season. 31 years. He's on a terrible team. Only 2 players on that team have a positive +/- rating and one of them is at +1. There are players on that team in the -30s.

Karlsson has 33 points more than his closest teammate.

25 points more than the closest defenseman to him.

Historic season.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m hedging on Islanders and Pens finding a way to lose out while Buffalo goes 2-0-1 or 1-0-2 and gets the tie breaker against NYI and sneaks in. For one thing, they’re a genuinely likable and fun young team (the polar opposite of the Pens and Isles) and two… well, f*** the Pens and Isles.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
+3 is still poor with that type of production

Meh. San Jose is kind of the clear cut worst team in the league, IMO, and the only reason they aren’t head and shoulders (feet and knees, in this case?) below everyone else is largely because of the season Karlsson is having. He’s no “two way” stud, but he hasn’t been as poor defensively as people have tried to act either. He’s had a monster season.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Just get Florida WC1, they will give Carolina or the Devils a good test. WC2 of Pitt, NYI or Buffalo is getting smoked.

Hopefully the Panthers pick up the two points Thursday to lock in WC1, hard to see Pitt not getting 4 points this week.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Tony about to get bought out twice, and be in his 6th organization before he turns 28. Waste of talent, could have done so much more.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Watching Buffalo vs Devils. Wouldn’t mind seeing Jack hit 100 and Luke have a good debut but I’m rooting for Buffalo to win out. I like the Sabres.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I’d just assume Pittsburgh loses out.

I wouldn’t want to be Boston, Carolina, or the Devils having to face Florida, Buffalo, or even the Fishsticks (Sorokin).

Pittsburgh would be a cakewalk, and would restore the Hurricanes’ confidence.

Plus, that damn team would keep Crosby, Malkin, and Letang AGAIN to annoy all hockey fans not in Pittsburgh or follow a bandwagon.
They couldn't even beat a depleted Caps team last night and to think they might give the Bruins a hard time. LMAO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad