Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Sabres aren't gonna make it. give it up. pick which of the islanders or penguins u prefer over the other.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Someone catch me up on what's happened there between those two. Thanks in advance
For what it's worth, I have absolutely no idea. He's been in Torts' doghouse for awhile and I believe he's been scratched a few times. Not to "go there" but I know a lot of people here thought TDA was getting a raw deal here and that actual politics played a role in that; Torts may be giving him a raw deal, too, but it sure as shit isn't the politics with Torts.

I would guess it's that Tony is still an immature clown, but I have no real knowledge other than...all this shit we've seen. :laugh:

Reactions: Greg02 and will1066

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

LOL. Is Torts now cancelling Tony? Poor guy. :laugh:

Nobody predicted that last summer :D

For what it's worth, I have absolutely no idea. He's been in Torts' doghouse for awhile and I believe he's been scratched a few times. Not to "go there" but I know a lot of people here thought TDA was getting a raw deal here and that actual politics played a role in that; Torts may be giving him a raw deal, too, but it sure as shit isn't the politics with Torts.

I would guess it's that Tony is still an immature clown, but I have no real knowledge other than...all this shit we've seen. :laugh:
Torts benches lots of guys including in Philly. If he benched Gabs, Dubinsky, Kreider and Zooks then he can bench TDA.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This is good. I don't want the Devils in the first round. Both matchups suck, don't get me wrong, but Carolina would suck less.
Agreed. There's no 'bad' teams in the playoffs, so there's no such thing as an easy series. I do think we match up better with Carolina though, and if we can manage to get through them I'd much rather play the Devils after they've already been battered by a series.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nobody predicted that last summer :D

Torts benches lots of guys including in Philly. If he benched Gabs, Dubinsky, Kreider and Zooks then he can bench TDA.
Yeah IIRC he benched Hayes earlier in the season, too. And Hayes has never been known as a problem with the attitude or character AFAIK. I think it was cited as an "effort" thing with Hayes.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
This is good. I don't want the Devils in the first round. Both matchups suck, don't get me wrong, but Carolina would suck less.
Speak for yourself, LOL.

Because the “illegal streams” aren’t as available anymore, I’d have to deal with at least 4 games with the worst broadcast crew in the league.

That’s the ONLY reason I’d rather see the Devils.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Pens will get a flurry of PP in the 3rd. Their pp coach better be ready.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The salt about Levi here is pretty silly. He’s been good again tonight and he’s 21. He’s been great in 5 out of 6 starts he’s had and barring a bad third period, he’ll have been solid again in this one. Ditto the Peterka hate - kid has mitts and plays a good game around the net. He’s having a better rookie year than either of our lottery boys. He’s gonna be a good middle six player for a while.

I know we’re not here to fanboy over other teams, but we also have no reason to hate on the Sabres. Levi is going to be the youngest starter in the league next year and probably be a top 15-20 goalie. He’s 5 years younger than Shesty. Quinn and Peterka are very nice young wingers. Quinn will be a top six player, Peterka either 2nd or 3rd line staple. Mittlestadt is about to post 55+ points. Cozens nearly has 70 points. Tuch and Tage with career years. Dahlin a Norris candidate. Power with a very solid rookie year.

There’s not much to dislike about Buffalo besides dropping a couple of games to them. They’re one of the most likable and exciting young teams in the entire league.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The salt about Levi here is pretty silly. He’s been good again tonight and he’s 21. He’s been great in 5 out of 6 starts he’s had and barring a bad third period, he’ll have been solid again in this one. Ditto the Peterka hate - kid has mitts and plays a good game around the net. He’s having a better rookie year than either of our lottery boys. He’s gonna be a good middle six player for a while.

I know we’re not here to fanboy over other teams, but we also have no reason to hate on the Sabres. Levi is going to be the youngest starter in the league next year and probably be a top 15-20 goalie. He’s 5 years younger than Shesty. Quinn and Peterka are very nice young wingers. Quinn will be a top six player, Peterka either 2nd or 3rd line staple. Mittlestadt is about to post 55+ points. Cozens nearly has 70 points. Tuch and Tage with career years. Dahlin a Norris candidate. Power with a very solid rookie year.

There’s not much to dislike about Buffalo besides dropping a couple of games to them. They’re one of the most likable and exciting young teams in the entire league.

The only thing I dislike about Buffalo is that I like the way their team is constructed better than ours. They play a fast, heavy, yet skilled game. That team is going to be a serious problem for the next several years.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The only thing I dislike about Buffalo is that I like the way their team is constructed better than ours. They play a fast, heavy, yet skilled game. That team is going to be a serious problem for the next several years.

The Thompson and Cozens contracts are going to be beauts. If they get Dahlin locked up at good value, they’re in incredible shape. Two centers combined for 160 points (with 3 games remaining) and this year they combined made 2.3M. That’s nuts. Going forward, they’re locked up for 14.24M for the next 7 years, with contracts that only take Tage to 32 and Cozens to 29. That’s how it’s done.

Reactions: Boris Zubov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad