Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Carolina lost their game in hand and now have Detroit tomorrow (who got smashed by Dallas). They'll need to go 2-0 to hold 1st. Devils get the Sabres with either a tired Levi or their backup.

Last games for each is Canes/Panthers (Panthers playing for their season, Pens have two wins coming), and the Devils go to DC. I think it's 50/50 on who wins the division at this point.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Feels like Devils win the division if they give a shit playing the two games they have left.

Panthers going to have to go all out Thursday night hosting Carolina.

Feels like it should be Florida and Pitt for the last two spots, but I didn’t see Islanders getting smoked tonight, that’s why they play the games.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Feels like Devils win the division if they give a shit playing the two games they have left.

Panthers going to have to go all out Thursday night hosting Carolina.

Feels like it should be Florida and Pitt for the last two spots, but I didn’t see Islanders getting smoked tonight, that’s why they play the games.
I think as long as Florida gets a point, they’re in.

Reactions: bl02

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
pretty sure NYR can't pass Carolina anymore because we lost tonight. if we tie them in points, they beat us in ROW. but we can still play against them, obviously.

Reactions: Kane One

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
pretty sure NYR can't pass Carolina anymore because we lost tonight. if we tie them in points, they beat us in ROW. but we can still play against them, obviously.

RW is first breaker, if Carolina went 0-2 with two regulation losses, and the Rangers won in regulation Thursday, they would pass Carolina.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I know it would be off the board but would anyone else consider taking Fantilli with the first overall pick? For as much offense as he provided, Bedard couldn't even get his team out of the first round. Michigan at least made the frozen four. Besides, didn't we just see how well the "consensus" did with Lafreniere and Kakko? Everyone said these were must have picks yet we'd have been better off going off the board with Stutzle and Seider or Zegras.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know it would be off the board but would anyone else consider taking Fantilli with the first overall pick? For as much offense as he provided, Bedard couldn't even get his team out of the first round. Michigan at least made the frozen four. Besides, didn't we just see how well the "consensus" did with Lafreniere and Kakko? Everyone said these were must have picks yet we'd have been better off going off the board with Stutzle and Seider or Zegras.

I just want Anaheim to land one of Bedard, Fantilli, or Carlsson. I actually think Fantilli and Carlsson meet Anaheim’s needs more because they are big guys with skill. Ducks need some size. Obviously Bedard is the prize but those other two are very nice consolation prizes.

A player to yet set foot into the NHL, you just don’t know how they will pan out. I think all 3 are closer than people think. Michkov because a concern due to the Russia thing, he would be the clear #2 apparently, but also don’t sleep on Will Smith….. yeah no not That Will Smith. He has numbers just below Jack Hughes in his league, and has even higher potential than players like Zegras, Boldy, Caufield, and etc.

No question, Top 5 is stacked with potential elite players, some franchise.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boston is absolutely busting their nuts to get to 64, 65 wins and break every record imaginable, and it's very, very possible that they draw Florida in the first round, who many analytics models have as a top 5 team in the league having obscene bad luck.

Hockey is so dumb.

And before you laugh, similar models called Jersey having 100+ points after putting up 63 last year. The Panthers put up 119 last year.

Reactions: Leonardo87

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Boston is absolutely busting their nuts to get to 64, 65 wins and break every record imaginable, and it's very, very possible that they draw Florida in the first round, who many analytics models have as a top 5 team in the league having obscene bad luck.

Hockey is so dumb.

And before you laugh, similar models called Jersey having 100+ points after putting up 63 last year. The Panthers put up 119 last year.
That team can't defend. Boston would win easily.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Hockey is so dumb.

Ducks broke records also and they didn’t even have to try. Lol

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ducks broke records also and they didn’t even have to try. Lol
This reminds me of living through the Liverpool team that won 35 out of 36 matches. Seemed like every game broke some sort of record. What a time to be alive.

Apropos of nothing, they lost in the first knockout round of the Champions League, so there you go.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This reminds me of living through the Liverpool team that won 35 out of 36 matches. Seemed like every game broke some sort of record. What a time to be alive.

Apropos of nothing, they lost in the first knockout round of the Champions League, so there you go.

I have this feeling Boston is going to be out of gas by the time the playoffs start. It's a totally different season. They are going after this regular season record which is great for them, have at it. But they have to be concerned with injury, fatigue, and etc.

But I also feel you have to have some kind of momentum and it's better to be sprinting into the playoffs and not crawling into them either. Not sure if that makes sense.

I have some concern with the Rangers, but winning the final game of the regular season after already clinching a playoff spot and locked position, seems meaningless to me. I hope we rest some guys to be honest.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I have this feeling Boston is going to be out of gas by the time the playoffs start. It's a totally different season. They are going after this regular season record which is great for them, have at it. But they have to be concerned with injury, fatigue, and etc.

But I also feel you have to have some kind of momentum and it's better to be sprinting into the playoffs and not crawling into them either. Not sure if that makes sense.

I have some concern with the Rangers, but winning the final game of the regular season after already clinching a playoff spot and locked position, seems meaningless to me. I hope we rest some guys to be honest.

Start? No.

Deeper into the playoffs? Yes.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That would be crazy

Fantili was on a good team while Bedard's team was complete trash without him. He had 20 points in 7 playoff games. Record breaking wjc. He is a legit big game player.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
AS OF TODAY/TUESDAY:
4 days left
30 games to play
only 1 playoff matchup confirmed (TML-TBL)
1st place in 3 divisions still unclinched
22 of remaining 30 games will impact Playoff inclusion, matchups, or home-ice
East WC: 4 teams battling for 2 spots
West WC: 2 teams battling for 1 spot

10 GAMES TODAY, 6 WILL AFFECT STANDINGS
1681224938436.png

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Buffalo in NJ tonight, Hawks are in Shittsburgh. Florida and NYI didn't help themselves last night.

Reactions: LokiDog

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Erik Karlsson is simultaneously tied for 2nd in the league (All skaters) among even strength points with a whopping 74 of 100 coming at ES.

1681226370330.png

He's also somehow a -21 at even strength.

In short, there's some wild shit going on at even strength when Karlsson is on the ice.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buffalo in NJ tonight, Hawks are in Shittsburgh. Florida and NYI didn't help themselves last night.

It's going to be interesting. Devils win they take 1st place, and flip with Carolina. It may come to the last game till we know who we will play. But I think home ice went out the window for us. Don't see the Devils losing their last two games.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's +3 at 5v5 and -12 in empty net situations.

So they must have given up some short-handed goals too.

Always thought empty netters shouldn't count against +/-, not should shorthanded goals. It makes the league average in +/- come out to -1 every year which is stupid.

Reactions: LokiDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad