Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Tough out of town game schedule for us today.
Why exactly? We aren't catching Carolina or the Devils so it kinda means nothing. The only team that has any shot of catching the Rangers is Pitt and I say that only because we have 3 more games left with them and they have played 1 less game. That's still unlikely though. I think the teams chances of finishing 3rd are about 90%

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
People said the same thing about AV.

You have ass hats like jovo who need to assign blame to him for a player’s shortcomings on him but it’s entirely fair to be unhappy with his performance this year. None of us are coaches but there are a handful of us who knew that Kane-Panarin was going to be force fed to us and we also highlighted why it wouldn’t work. Putting them together was the laziest form of coaching possible.

He did a good job last year. He has not done a good job this year. How many good combos has he broken up? He’s trying his hardest to shoehorn K-Z-T even though it’s been leshitshow bad and Kane-Panarin which is will result in the return of Fartemi.

It took AV blowing a playoff series for most people to sour on him (it should have happened after 2015.) my guess is that it’ll happen way later than it should with Gallant. He’s showing major AV habits this season and AV was my least favorite coach of all time.
Some of the criticism is entirely fair as I have stated in the past and I myself have expressed frustration with some of his decisions but this constant bullshit about him being the worst coach on the planet and is the primary reason for all of the teams ills is tiresome. It's a nonstop broken record. Results matter and he has had good results. He doesn't always put together what we would think are the best line combinations but they play hard for him nearly every game. Maybe the reason he put Kane with Panarin is because they played together with success years ago. Maybe he thought that might help his transition to a new team after 16 years with Chicago. I don't know and nobody knows the conversations that happen between players and coaches. He's tinkering and he should be tinkering with still 20 games to go and new players introduced to the team over the last 2 weeks. The only thing that matters is how they are playing down the stretch and how they perform in the playoffs. Let's see how it plays out. Maybe the haters will get their wish if they get knocked out in the first round and then they can have a new whipping boy to bitch about. I also think people are going to be disappointed in the next coach when he doesn't have them winning anymore than Gallant.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Tampa looks checked out, like they know they’re locked into the 3 seed and they’re just gonna coast until game 1. Canes look like they want to hold on to the division.

Reactions: LokiDog

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree with Brooks’ piece on headshots. The NHLPA and players need to push for change. There are a lot more players who don’t want to be concussed than there are hoping to avoid punishment for concussing another player.
I haven’t read it but I agree the players association is insane for being so weak on headshots.
The league has two massive (and related) issues: the officiating and the constant spectre of head injury.
(The flat cap is also an issue but it’s kind of a temporary symptom…)
But I just can’t stand that we have this wildcard to worry about that other leagues really don’t.
And I enjoy physical play…I simply believe there’s a better balance to be achieved. But the league and union want to bury the head stuff under the rug and enjoy the bloodsport fever and outrage.

Last edited:
Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We finally have balanced division. Stupid to add more teams. The NHL and NFL have 32. The NBA and MLB have 30. We don't need more teams.

Maybe that's how they add more cap space. Just add a new team every few years.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
The league will get two watered down talent wise with two more teams. Unless there are some serious cap increases that come with this it cannot be good for the level of talent. Look at what Seattle did with their roster in the Expansion draft. They are doing well this year, credit to them, but last year they were horrible.

If I were the NHL I’d relocate teams before adding more. Teams like Florida and Arizona can barely fill their buildings on a nightly basis. Houston, Quebec City, or even a second team in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) would do better than Arizona or Atlanta. Bettman seems to have some fascination with Arizona and keeping the team in that state even though they keep having stability issues with an arena long term. Look at when the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg; success. Make the relocation fee similar to the expansion fee if the league is worried about revenue. I’m sure the Coyotes aren’t a big revenue team right now by keeping them in Arizona.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Yea, keep laughing. Quinn has a sterling 114-119-37 record in the NHL with zero playoff wins. That's a .491 win %. Gallant on the other hand is 357-258-66 for a .572 win % Including taking an expansion team to the SCF and the Rangers to the ECF. I just don't know how we let Quinn get away. LOL.
Gallant is a good coach, I just don’t think he is the right coach for the New York Rangers at this point in their progression. This team has the talent but they do not have the structure. They need an X’s and O’s kind of coach.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Gallant is a good coach, I just don’t think he is the right coach for the New York Rangers at this point in their progression. This team has the talent but they do not have the structure. They need an X’s and O’s kind of coach.
Either that or bring in an X's and O's guy as an assistant.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yes, definitely need an X's and O's type of guy, at least as an assistant.

Either that or bring in an X's and O's guy as an assistant.
Like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad