Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
That's very debatable.
We played up-tempo, modern hockey with a less experienced, inferior roster. We were one of the most exciting up & coming teams in the league under Quinn. We had like the best goal differential in NHL history not to make the playoffs, we were on our way up and I wish he got the chance to grow with us. Also keep in mind he was a rookie coach and Gallant is a vet.

There’s also just his demeanor, he was a lot more charismatic and looked like someone who would play the president or Superman in a movie lol. Gallant is a big hunchbacked oaf who uses his tie as a napkin. I feel like Quinn was much more of a firebrand and had a strong presence in his voice, Gallant always seems like he doesn’t give a f***

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We played up-tempo, modern hockey with a less experienced, inferior roster. We were one of the most exciting up & coming teams in the league under Quinn. We had like the best goal differential in NHL history not to make the playoffs, we were on our way up and I wish he got the chance to grow with us. Also keep in mind he was a rookie coach and Gallant is a vet.

There’s also just his demeanor, he was a lot more charismatic and looked like someone who would play the president or Superman in a movie lol. Gallant is a big hunchbacked oaf who uses his tie as a napkin. I feel like Quinn was much more of a firebrand and had a strong presence in his voice, Gallant always seems like he doesn’t give a f***
WGAF what he looks like? LOL. He had 1 good year of the 3 he was here and they were embarrassed in the qualifying round against Carolina. Gallant in his first year with the team had a 110 point team and trip to ECF. Results matter not good looks.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Ruff was the true mastermind behind that team. Quinn was just a more handsome Gallant.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yea, keep laughing. Quinn has a sterling 114-119-37 record in the NHL with zero playoff wins. That's a .491 win %. Gallant on the other hand is 357-258-66 for a .572 win % Including taking an expansion team to the SCF and the Rangers to the ECF. I just don't know how we let Quinn get away. LOL.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yea, keep laughing. Quinn has a sterling 114-119-37 record in the NHL with zero playoff wins. That's a .491 win %. Gallant on the other hand is 357-258-66 for a .572 win % Including taking an expansion team to the SCF and the Rangers to the ECF. I just don't know how we let Quinn get away. LOL.
AV has an even better track record than Gallant, we should bring him back.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I agree with Brooks’ piece on headshots. The NHLPA and players need to push for change. There are a lot more players who don’t want to be concussed than there are hoping to avoid punishment for concussing another player.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with Brooks’ piece on headshots. The NHLPA and players need to push for change. There are a lot more players who don’t want to be concussed than there are hoping to avoid punishment for concussing another player.

Headshots are a gray area because they are often subjective.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
at least an SCF apperance considering he botched the f*** out the ECF and got taken to school by Cooper.

Still would have lost to the Avs so it didn't really matter.
I doubt another coach even gets us past the Pens, let alone beating Carolina in 7 games. You saw what Carolina did to us in the play-in qualifier round with Quinn right? Well we beat them with Gallant.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I doubt another coach even gets us past the Pens, let alone beating Carolina in 7 games. You saw what Carolina did to us in the play-in qualifier round with Quinn right? Well we beat them with Gallant.
Surely you can’t be serious. This is such a simple minded way of looking at things.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It means you're more concerned about style over substance.
I unironically am lol but i think that’s perfectly reasonable. Aesthetics are an important part of hockey, would Ovi be Ovi without the yellow laces? Gretzky without the jersey tuck? Krav without the dirty blond locs flowing in the wind? Why do we watch hockey in the first place? It’s a form of entertainment. Gallant hockey is not entertaining

Reactions: Synergy27

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I unironically am lol but i think that’s perfectly reasonable. Aesthetics are an important part of hockey, would Ovi be Ovi without the yellow laces? Gretzky without the jersey tuck? Krav without the dirty blond locs flowing in the wind? Why do we watch hockey in the first place? It’s a form of entertainment. Gallant hockey is not entertaining

Look I don't think you're 100% wrong. I didn't love the 11-12 team as much as some because they were boring to watch. That said entertainment is a tie breaker not the end goal. You'd rather lose a game 6-5 than win one 2-1 and that's ridiculous.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not even Gallant's biggest fan and sometimes I question some of his moves but I laugh at you guys who constantly attack a guy that has a .650 winning % since he's been with the Rangers.

People said the same thing about AV.

You have ass hats like jovo who need to assign blame to him for a player’s shortcomings on him but it’s entirely fair to be unhappy with his performance this year. None of us are coaches but there are a handful of us who knew that Kane-Panarin was going to be force fed to us and we also highlighted why it wouldn’t work. Putting them together was the laziest form of coaching possible.

He did a good job last year. He has not done a good job this year. How many good combos has he broken up? He’s trying his hardest to shoehorn K-Z-T even though it’s been leshitshow bad and Kane-Panarin which is will result in the return of Fartemi.

It took AV blowing a playoff series for most people to sour on him (it should have happened after 2015.) my guess is that it’ll happen way later than it should with Gallant. He’s showing major AV habits this season and AV was my least favorite coach of all time.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
in9pfRX.jpg

Post last nights chart for the canucks plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad