Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I dont know why everyone is worried about the devils, we're comparable up front and we have edge in d and goalie imo. Games change in playoffs, the whistle goes away and Hughes will likely turn into Johnny Gaudreau in playoffs. Not saying we'll beat them but i dont think its a guaranteed loss for us.
It's their speed. Assuming scoring and PPs go down, they can still skate rings around us. While anything is possible in the playoffs, we are still slow as shit.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I dont know why everyone is worried about the devils, we're comparable up front and we have edge in d and goalie imo. Games change in playoffs, the whistle goes away and Hughes will likely turn into Johnny Gaudreau in playoffs. Not saying we'll beat them but i dont think its a guaranteed loss for us.
they'll destroy us no cap fam

Reactions: Kravtsov420

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This is very much how I feel, and I've been watching since the 87-88 season when I was 5 years old. We need more as fans than what this team has given us, especially compared to some of our biggest rivals, but if you don't support the team unconditionally around here, you have to be able to handle getting ripped for it.

If only we’d gotten the 1 playoff appearance in 11 years that the devils gave their fans, we could be proud of our team. If you’re going to brag about being a fan since 87 at least appreciate the championship you have instead of complaining. Some fans didn’t get to see it, yet somehow still have some faith we can get it done.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
If only we’d gotten the 1 playoff appearance in 11 years that the devils gave their fans, we could be proud of our team. If you’re going to brag about being a fan since 87 at least appreciate the championship you have instead of complaining. Some fans didn’t get to see it, yet somehow still have some faith we can get it done.
No one should "brag" about being in their 40s on a message board.

I appreciate the championship and the fact that it came by eliminating three of our biggest rivals en route. It was also 29 years ago, more than halfway to another curse. I want my team to win it all more often than I see a comet. Enjoying a championship shouldn't be a once in a lifetime experience, and for fans of several our rivals, it is not.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It's their speed. Assuming scoring and PPs go down, they can still skate rings around us. While anything is possible in the playoffs, we are still slow as shit.
It will be a good series, I think with the talent we have up front now that goaltending is gonna be key in this one. I remember everyone saying how Carolina was gonna out skate us last year and we came out and laid the body and slowed their pace down and the first two games of the Tampa series we did it too but we tired out in game 3. We have the guys that can do that.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No one should "brag" about being in their 40s on a message board.

I appreciate the championship and the fact that it came by eliminating three of our biggest rivals en route. It was also 29 years ago, more than halfway to another curse. I want my team to win it all more often than I see a comet. Enjoying a championship shouldn't be a once in a lifetime experience, and for fans of several our rivals, it is not.

We have our best chance to win since 94 this year and a vocal segment of the fanbase is ready to pack it in because the Devils score a lot of goals. Can they beat us? Sure, anything is possible. But the fans going in thinking it’s a foregone conclusion are pathetic.

The Rangers have done everything possible over the last half decade to give us a winner and now that we have it, it’s not good enough. Patrick Kane is on the Rangers for free, and we’re still malcontents. It’s why Every other fanbase hates us, not that I care, but they have a point.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks beat Montreal, are now 4-0-1 in their last 5 games. Guess they don’t want Bedard? :dunno:

McTavish has such a great shot.

Reactions: LokiDog

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
We have our best chance to win since 94 this year and a vocal segment of the fanbase is ready to pack it in because the Devils score a lot of goals. Can they beat us? Sure, anything is possible. But the fans going in thinking it’s a foregone conclusion are pathetic.

The Rangers have done everything possible over the last half decade to give us a winner and now that we have it, it’s not good enough. Patrick Kane is on the Rangers for free, and we’re still malcontents. It’s why Every other fanbase hates us, not that I care, but they have a point.
We have our best roster since 94 but I wouldn’t say it’s our best chance at all. Timing is everything. Also our coach sucks.

Reactions: CLW

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I wouldn't say it's team specific. The league and the players association are both run poorly. There is no imagination. They hired from a tiny pool of average to dim witted candidates. Zero vision. It's depressing to think of how the NHL is so misguided. It could be so so so much better.
I can't like this post enough. The NHL/NHLPA are stuck in the stone age. No wonder they hate creativity on the ice. Too many dinosaurs run the league; "That's not how my great granddaddy ran things" (in an old grumpled voice from a grumpy old man; "Get off my lawn!"). This is supposed to be "entertainment", but they don't get it and they never will. They can never grasp this concept. You can never accuse the NHL/NHLPA of being forward thinking. If you think the NHL is "woke", you have major issues.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
listen I respect the delusion of being a fan of this team but holy shit this is bad lol

Reactions: zlev

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
listen I respect the delusion of being a fan of this team but holy shit this is bad lol

Yes, because as the Florida Panthers showed us last year, dominating in the regular season means you'll win the C.... no, actually, it doesn't mean shit. We'll see what NJ does in the playoffs, until then I don't really care what they're doing right now.

Reactions: Holocene

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Also posted in the GDT because it's something i'd love to see done to at least one of our stars...

Reactions: duhmetreE

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 why we didn’t just put Motte/Lindgren on LTIR and made some moves to fully milk this thing like other teams have the past couple of years? Everyone else used it, now we’re trying to play by the rules?
Especially after the league exonerated the Ottawa clown. There’s no honor when it comes to the NHL.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys do you remember when Hallebuyck was this unstoppable goalie that no team in the league can solve or you know the Rangers can't solve? Seems like he's getting lit up every game since then.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad