Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Quote me on it down the road if you want, the Oilers aren't winning shit with McDavid

It's not a goaltending thing, it's not a defense thing

"But OMG, McDavid scores at an insane pace in the playoffs!!!"

Don't matter

That man is not a winner and has the competitive pulse of a starfish

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Two weeks in and gotta say, the Bedard hype seems silly. He just isn’t as good at the NHL level as advertised.
I mean the hype is a bit overboard. But the dude looks good. Better than Hughes his 18 year old season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a similar trajectory as Jack. Will he be a McDavid? No, but he's going to be one of the best players in the league bar none.

Reactions: Vk1ing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hawks about to lose this game late in the 3rd. Giving another PP to Vegas with 2 mins left. Vegas is lucky so far playing weak teams. They haven’t really played all that well in any of their games

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He was hyped as McDavid level entering the league. He seemly isn’t close to that.
That really isn't his fault though. He didn't ask to be marketed this way by a clueless league. He is what he is, a very good young player who is holding his own in the NHL as an undersized 18 year old. That by itself is an impressive accomplishment, 99% of 18 year old prospects couldn't sniff the NHL, much less be an impact player of any kind.

The idea that he was going to come in and score 80-90 points out of the gate was ALWAYS absurd, and anybody who understands hockey knew it. That is doubly damning for a league that damn well should have known better than to raise expectations for him the way they did.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad