I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

uzoQmdG.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The year the Oilers are "supposed" to win the SC and they have their worst start after 7 games in 25 years.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Are players who primarily get their points on PP really as elite as people make them out to be? For example, Jack Hughes scored like 80% of his points so far this season on PP.

I mean players usually don’t get checked (physically) on PP and have all the time and space in the world to make plays. For me the true elite players are those who are equally as good 5 on 5 as they are on PP, I.e MacKinnon

Last edited:
Reactions: UnkleKraker

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Are players who primarily get their points on PP really as elite as people make them out to be? For example, Jack Hughes scored like 80% of his points so far this season on PP.

I mean players usually don’t get checked (physically) on PP and have all the time and space in the world to make plays. For me the true elite players are those who are equally as good 5 on 5 as they are on PP, I.e MacKinnon
TIL I learned that 9 PPP out of 17 total points equals 80%.

Also Jack Hughes is currently tied for the league lead in Even Strength Points. And the guy he is tied with has played 2 more games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
TIL I learned that 9 PPP out of 17 total points equals 80%.

Also Jack Hughes is currently tied for the league lead in Even Strength Points. And the guy he is tied with has played 2 more games.
It was 70% before his last game where he had 3 points. 9 out of 17 is 52%. That’s still considered majority of the points being scored on PP, but it’s still early. We’ll see half way into the season where things stand.

Or at the end of the season my money is on guys like MacKinnon, Pasta, McDavid will have more even strength points. I’m not sure if Hughes can keep up his pace, but if he does and leads the league in scoring, 70% of his points will probably be on PP, but I don’t think he’s gonna lead the league in scoring by the end of the season

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Zadorov probably my favourite personality in the league
Yeah, but he should be careful what he talks in the media. That can rub some teammates the wrong way.....

I dont know, but watching Calgary so far it doesnt seem that this players are a "team" or "unit".....

Maybe Sutter wasn´t the only problem in Calgary.....

Reactions: Vk1ing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, but he should be careful what he talks in the media. That can rub some teammates the wrong way.....

I dont know, but watching Calgary so far it doesnt seem that this players are a "team" or "unit".....

Maybe Sutter wasn´t the only problem in Calgary.....
I mean, even on paper that team isn’t exactly a contender. Sutter definitely was not the only problem. The losses of Gaudreau and Tkachuk have really exposed them, and Markstrom is a mediocre starter at best.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean, even on paper that team isn’t exactly a contender. Sutter definitely was not the only problem. The losses of Gaudreau and Tkachuk have really exposed them, and Markstrom is a mediocre starter at best.
Huberdeau, Kadri and Weegar were supposed to make up for it.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Huberdeau, Kadri and Weegar were supposed to make up for it.
Tkachuk is a gamebreaker. Gaudreau, under the right circumstances, comes damn close. Those three guys are not that, as good as they are. Kadri sure as hell played like a gamebreaking talent in 2022-23 and will forever have a key to the City of Denver as a result, but that was a huge outlier. Those players are good. They're not great.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tkachuk is a gamebreaker. Gaudreau, under the right circumstances, comes damn close. Those three guys are not that, as good as they are. Kadri sure as hell played like a gamebreaking talent in 2022-23 and will forever have a key to the City of Denver as a result, but that was a huge outlier. Those players are good. They're not great.
It's easy to say that now but if you'd have asked that summer who's better between Huberdeau and Tkachuk, Huberdeau would have won the popular vote by big margin.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's easy to say that now but if you'd have asked that summer who's better between Huberdeau and Tkachuk, Huberdeau would have won the popular vote by big margin.

Hubie was coming off a fantastic season but even the Flames and Panthers knew who the better player was. After all, the Cats sent TWO top line/pairing players in exchange for Tkachuk.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
6 weeks LTIR at 8M AAV, that will create enough cap room for a pro-rated Pinto contract after 41 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad