Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now I'm even more curious because I'm nosy like that. He messed up somewhere and knows it if he's just taking the half a season suspension.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
I’m confused by the whole* Pinto situation. I read somewhere that they offered him like 1yrx$1M. I thought he was a pretty good player?
He's a good 3c prob worth 2 to 3m per season. The sens have no cap space and teams want prospects and picks from the sens in order to take on salary dumps while trying to make room to sign Pinto

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Garbage minute goal and an empty netter. I do think he's the best goal scorer of all time but he’s gonna pass Gretzky beating a third string AHLer in a 5-1 game and it’ll be so anti climactic

As opposed to Gretzky's final goals, which were scored for a Rangers team that missed the playoffs by 13 points?

Wow I always thought orlov was bigger. 215 at 5’11 tho is big

Thick, just like the boys like it

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hmm...not sure why they'd face discipline now. Old article from Sportsnet:

The NHL voided a trade earlier this week between the Vegas Golden Knights and Anaheim Ducks due to Evgenii Dadonov's no-trade clause. Now, the third team involved in the saga — the Ottawa Senators — has been cleared of any discipline by the league.

"A lot of the confusion here came from the trade from Ottawa to Vegas and what exactly happened on that trade call. Well, one of the things we've now learned is that ... there will be no league sanctions to the Senators," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported during the 32 Thoughts segment on Hockey Night in Canada Saturday.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

The NHL voided a trade earlier this week between the Vegas Golden Knights and Anaheim Ducks due to Evgenii Dadonov's no-trade clause. Now, the third team involved in the saga — the Ottawa Senators — has been cleared of any discipline by the league.

"A lot of the confusion here came from the trade from Ottawa to Vegas and what exactly happened on that trade call. Well, one of the things we've now learned is that ... there will be no league sanctions to the Senators," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported during the 32 Thoughts segment on Hockey Night in Canada Saturday.
Firstly, no idea how legit those tweets are. Apparently enough for Sens fans to make a thread on HFSens and on main boards (and reddit), so...

Maybe the new NHLPA leadership resurfaced it. Or, the recently laid off AGM leaked something? If the punishment is a 1st, that would mean that instead of some mistake of "losing papers", Ottawa would've purposefully lied to Vegas about the NTC-list in order to get the trade done or something...

Well, maybe we'll see soon if the real insiders start tweeting stuff:

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Maybe as part of investigating Pinto they looked at some Sens email traffic and stumbled upon something that shows some intent to mislead the league or Vegas. So it wasn't just an oopsie?

Or is this all BS from some twitter account?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Or is this all BS from some twitter account?
According to Sens fans, they do have some sources. I would have to imagine someone isn't just trolling if they tweet the GM is getting fired, spreading that type of rumour and getting it wrong would seriously hamper your reputation.

Doesn't mean it's right of course. Maybe it's the local Dater.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
According to Sens fans, they do have some sources. I would have to imagine someone isn't just trolling if they tweet the GM is getting fired, spreading that type of rumour and getting it wrong would seriously hamper your reputation.

Doesn't mean it's right of course.
Is Per the Streets what the kids are saying these days? I'm an old man officially today.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Maybe new information surfaced with further investigation from a neutral outside party?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For someone who knows the gambling world more than I do, what does this mean, "Seravelli hints that he (Pinto) was likely providing info to a proxy bettor." Is that really bad, because it sounds like insider trading of gambling to me...

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
For someone who knows the gambling world more than I do, what does this mean, "Seravelli hints that he (Pinto) was likely providing info to a proxy bettor." Is that really bad, because it sounds like insider trading of gambling to me...
Getting someone else to place bets for you. If he's telling people lineup decisions or something then I doubt he's going to be a hot commodity for GMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad