Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I’ll wait for more info but my immediate reaction is who cares if he’s betting if it’s not related to hockey, which it reportedly isn’t. We’ll see if he did something truly idiotic/egregious. Of course if it’s in the CBA then he should know better and he’s screwed.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’ll wait for more info but my immediate reaction is who cares if he’s betting if it’s not related to hockey, which it reportedly isn’t. We’ll see if he did something truly idiotic/egregious.
Yeah I agree. In the NFL you can get in trouble for betting on non NFL sports if you’re on team premises I’m pretty sure, which I think is stupid. If it’s something like that with Pinto then who cares. If it’s on Sens or nhl games that’s different.

Reactions: Avs_19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ok, then why is he suspended if the league allows betting on other sports?
This is BS.

Friedman: There are situations where leagues have punished players who did not bet on their sport. One example: In June, Tennessee Titans lineman Nicholas Petit-Frere was suspended six games for placing a legal bet at the team’s facility, which is not allowed under NFL rules.

There's no way in Hell that they suspended him 41 games if they didn't believe that he betted on NHL games.

Reactions: Chiarelli

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Ok, then why is he suspended if the league allows betting on other sports?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but that tweet by Seravalli said
"League found no evidence that Pinto made any wagers on NHL games."
Note the bolded. That (at least for me) leaves the door open he still placed an NHL related bet.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Doesn't sound like someone that's going to fight it..
It's in Pinto's interest to keep a low profile and not fighting it. The NHL knows that he betted on NHL games, he got punished accordingly but both the league and the player are saving face with the "no evidence, case closed" crap.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but that tweet by Seravalli said

Note the bolded. That (at least for me) leaves the door open he still placed an NHL related bet.
So what's he betting on? Like the Points Bet shit the Altitude crew does, betting on who scores the first goal, how O/U on goals scored, that so-and-so gets an assist, etc.?

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
So what's he betting on? Like the Points Bet shit the Altitude crew does, betting on who scores the first goal, how O/U on goals scored, that so-and-so gets an assist, etc.?
Betting on who wins which award, who wins the cup, etc.

Lots of NHL related bets out there that aren't NHL game bets

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Sources say Pinto didn’t bet on hockey, but the league found enough in its investigation to find there was behavior that isn’t allowed under circumstances.

So what did Pinto do?

League sources say Pinto’s online gambling account in the United States was flagged by a company that is a partner of the league because of unusual activity and it contacted the NHL’s head office two weeks ago.

Since then, the league has been conducting a thorough investigation and clearly they found something was untoward or Bettman wouldn’t have come down so hard in his ruling.

Judging by his account on X (formerly known as Twitter), Pinto is a huge fan of the Philadelphia Phillies.

The collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA clearly states that gambling “on any NHL game is prohibited” and club employees are subject to the same rules.

Under the terms of the CBA, Bettman has the right to impose discipline on any player for conduct that’s “detrimental to the game of hockey.”

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Don't look now but Ovechkin has 2 goals!
Garbage minute goal and an empty netter. I do think he's the best goal scorer of all time but he’s gonna pass Gretzky beating a third string AHLer in a 5-1 game and it’ll be so anti climactic

Matheson is 6'2 and Karlsson is over 6'0?

Makar and Orlov are the only guys under 6'0 in the top 10 at least.
Wow I always thought orlov was bigger. 215 at 5’11 tho is big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad