Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
It's a bit questionable that they can overturn a goal on offsides if there was a turnover in the zone after the entry. Once the defensive team gains control of the puck if they turn it over then they should have to live with whatever happens.

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That team needs to start a rebuild with or without Crosby on the roster. It's way too depleted.
If the article written about it was to be believed, the previous ownership group was getting ready to blow it up, but then the team got sold and the new bosses, eager to sell their fancy new streaming service, said nope, keep going for it.

Doesn’t excuse a lot of the truly horrendous decisions Hextall made, but it does partially explain why his tenure appeared to be so erratic.

They’re just not going to rebuild with 87 in the fold. Once he’s done, then it’s over.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not near as bad as Rod made it sound

Rod is overly emotional about everything. I really think that's had a negative impact on his team in the playoffs.

Makes the momentum swings harder, and when you get on a down swing, you have to be able to snap it back in the other direction asap. Staying as even keel as possible helps with that, while getting too emotional makes it harder.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
View attachment 757000

So, maybe Girard doesn't actually have as much of a muffin shot as folks here think? His shot is just as hard as Byrams and harder then Fox's lol.

Makar really is just a generational guy. Look at his size compared to all the other guys towards the top with him.
I never thought it was a soft shot. Just watch that “play-in” game against the Blues a few years ago. He rockets one past Jake Allen to open scoring.

He just seems to have a hard time getting it through traffic. If I had one complaint about his shot it’s that it seems like his release is just a hair too slow.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Girard definitely has a weaker shot than Byram. Both wrist shot and slapper. Most of the time G's shot is fairly soft, but he can hammer one every once in a while.

That's a horrendous sample size anyway, it's been 6 games. They only have 6/7 shots on the season and both only have 1 slapper registered so far.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Im a big Backstrom fan, honestly think he was one of the best passers Ive ever seen playing in the league, think he was criminally underrated during most of his career...

but right now, boy, its painful. age and injuries have destroyed him, he looks completely washed up. past two seasons you could still see glimpses of his former self but now, even with playing less and minutes against softer opposition, he looks out of place. I genuinely cant distinguish him from Nic Dowd anymore.

Reactions: missionAvs

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Abducted by aliens
When he comes back, he'll be all :

1698326775241.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad