Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Jesus Philly had a chance for OT but then made about 3-4 mistakes in a 30 second span to give up the goal.
They actually had a lead with not much to go in the 3rd. Total collapse. Vegas is headed to the curse of the presidents trophy though. I don’t mind that

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
but this start has cost them any chance they might’ve had at winning the West.

They never had this chance to begin with.

Whoever thought that team is on the same level as Vegas, Avs or Dallas must be out of his mind.

That D und Goaltending will sink this team again. As predicted.

They will make the playoffs because the Pacific and west in general is weak. But that´s it. The moment this D and G runs into a nearly healthy juggernaut like Vegas, Avs or Dallas, it´s game over again. Doesn´t matter how much McDraisaitl score or do.

Reactions: Azrael89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Me at the beginning of every single season:
"yea there's just no way Boston makes the playoffs this year."

What actually happens:
10Bq0gx.png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wouldn’t mind bringing Zadorov back if he was a RD. Avs have too many left handed guys already. Otherwise Z would have been a perfect 3rd pair guy for the Avs.

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
Girard-Zadorov

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
So what happens if the Oilers miss the playoffs?

They blow it up(parts which are not working), probably draft a good player.
Don't look now, but the 2024 Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers are off to a great start.

They will still make the playoffs but they will do the Avs and burnout their best players in the regular season and drop out in the first round. My prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: the_fan

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I wouldn’t mind bringing Zadorov back if he was a RD. Avs have too many left handed guys already. Otherwise Z would have been a perfect 3rd pair guy for the Avs.

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
Girard-Zadorov

Bednar hates him, and he's just not that good unless he's told to shadow McDavid. I don't see a fit here anymore

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar hates him, and he's just not that good unless he's told to shadow McDavid. I don't see a fit here anymore
He’s not good when he’s given top 4 minutes but I think he’d be a good 3rd pair. Better than JJ for sure

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He’s not good when he’s given top 4 minutes but I think he’d be a good 3rd pair. Better than JJ for sure
He's not over 4 times better though. Which is what he's getting paid. I like Zadorov, but not what he's making. Even retained, that's not worth going after, as we are probably looking to squeeze every penny out of our cap.

Once again need to remind people, JJ is on a league minimum. He's fantastic for that price, and I doubt you can find a better deal for a #6. We need to be realistic.

Speaking of the Flames, that Huberdeau contract...
3a7.jpg

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Man what is going on in Edmonton? They're in trouble.
It's the same stuff that we told Loilers fans YEARS AGO and they scoffed at us. Their D is not good and their star forwards only care about scoring goals, end of season individual awards and making the highlight reel.

It's funny how in some ways, the fan bases' mindset seem to match the teams' mindset :

Avs fans - start the season 5-0 -> it's alright, I guess. We are not satisfied.

Mild fans - we are the 'state of hockey' we should have multiple championships already - where are all our championships at? We deserve championships!

Loilers fans - Oh sure, NOW that McDavid is injured, that's when the refs choose to 'give us' a whole bunch of power plays ?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad