Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I was being a little facetious, but are you serious? They cover the logo with a carpet? Haha, old school shit.
Yea I'm serious, the guide went out of his way to explain in details how no one ever walks on the logo and what they do to prevent it from happening.

I'm back home now. I don't like to stay in big cities for more than a couple of days. Stayed there 3 days and I'm good for a while.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Seems to me that covering the logo with a carpet is even worse than having it in the center of the room. I mean, you're still walking on it technically. I get some of the reasoning behind the whole "don't walk on the logo"--you want the players to treat the logo, the team identity, with respect and importance. But I still think you should just put the damn thing on the ceiling and call it a day.

Fun side note: I read on Twitter a former NHL reporter said the Avs equipment staff would take a rug with the team logo with them on road trips, roll it out in the center of the visitors' locker room and bitch and yell at any reporter who dared to tread on it.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Fun side note: I read on Twitter a former NHL reporter said the Avs equipment staff would take a rug with the team logo with them on road trips, roll it out in the center of the visitors' locker room and bitch and yell at any reporter who dared to tread on it.
Isn't that the one thing Zanon was known for besides that moonshiner beard?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Long story short:

CBJ locker room leaders at the time wanted Laine and Elvis out. Jarmo didn't agree so all 4 requested a trade. Jones, Atkinson and Nyquist got traded while Werenski ended up staying.

Laine got traded right after Jarmo got fired. Elvis is still there at the moment but he's probably unmovable.

What a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's one weird ass reaction you got there. :laugh:

So you're blaming Portzline?
Why doesn't this come out while Laine is still a Blue Jacket? Why doesn't it come out after Nyquist, Jones, and/or Atkinson left? Why does it only come out immediately after Laine is traded?

Like I said: smear campagin. Straight out of the Boston Bruins playbook.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why doesn't this come out while Laine is still a Blue Jacket? Why doesn't it come out after Nyquist, Jones, and/or Atkinson left? Why does it only come out immediately after Laine is traded?

Like I said: smear campagin. Straight out of the Boston Bruins playbook.
Why would he wait for Laine to get out and not Elvis? Your theory makes 0 sense.

Portzline has been fed privileged informations by that org for years, he wasn't going to f*** with Jarmo (who's the sole guilty party in that story if anything).

Now that Jarmo is gone the story is out. It's not Laine.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why would he wait for Laine to get out and not Elvis? Your theory makes 0 sense.

Portzline has been fed privileged informations by that org for years, he wasn't going to f*** with Jarmo (who's the sole guilty party in that story if anything).

Now that Jarmo is gone the story is out. It's not Laine.
This all could have come out while the players were there.

This is a CBJ beat reporter trying to help the organization save face because all they have left to show for Dubois/Laine is Jordan Harris.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010

Long story short:

CBJ locker room leaders at the time wanted Laine and Elvis out. Jarmo didn't agree so all 4 requested a trade. Jones, Atkinson and Nyquist got traded while Werenski ended up staying.

Laine got traded right after Jarmo got fired. Elvis is still there at the moment but he's probably unmovable.

What a mess.

That doesn’t make any sense. That was first season for Laine in the Columbus and Elvis’s stats from that season are way better than other goalies. If this whole thing is true then it tells more about how bad the leadership group of those boys were for Columbus.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Long story short:

What a mess.
Might be true, could also be complete bs. Who the f*** knows what really happened.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Might be true, could also be complete bs. Who the f*** knows what really happened.
It was the same thing with the Winnipeg leadership group, and we know how that turned out in the end...

I think it's just a disconnect between the old school veterans (or even younger players with old school attitude) and Laine. Because there have also been teammates of Laine who praise him as a teammate (Olivier and Fantilli interviews after the trade). Fantilli especially, was housed with Laine when he came to the league and apparently they bonded very well.

I wouldn't make too much of it TBH.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
When teams win, all locker room issues go away. When teams lose, locker room issues rise to the forefront. It is rare that locker rooms are perfectly tight and everybody loves everybody. It is much more common that locker rooms tolerate each other. We see that here.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
When teams win, all locker room issues go away. When teams lose, locker room issues rise to the forefront. It is rare that locker rooms are perfectly tight and everybody loves everybody. It is much more common that locker rooms tolerate each other. We see that here.

tumblr_inline_mkqe5kXjRe1qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad