Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not to mention the fact that it's on Frozen Frenzy night AND we could've been treated to a Carlsson vs. Fantilli night (I get that these sorts of things don't usually result in a good game but it still is a fun narrative) and they decide to keep him out. Like...WTF are we doing here?

Someone at the League offices should make a phone call to the Anaheim brass pronto.
It's insane. Verbeek said he himself hit a rookie wall several years ago and he doesn't want that to happen to Carlsson so he wants him fresh for the second half of the season.

Uhhh... my friend, the Ducks are going to suck. The second half of the season won't mean f**k all becuase you'll already be eliminated from the playoffs. Play the kid now while he's at his most fresh after the offseason.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
By not playing Carlsson nobody can accuse him of picking the wrong guy if Fantilli would outplay Carlsson. Now it gives Carlsson more time and less pressure to establish himself as the best of the two until their next game in Feb. I don't know...just grasping at some type of explanation here. Carlsson cannot need load management after only two games, can he? lol
he's not 100% , only played 2 games

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Jay Woodcroft on the verge of tears as the Oilers go down like a sweet muffin the Mild.

I still think the Oilers make the playoffs, but this start has cost them any chance they might’ve had at winning the West.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Jay Woodcroft on the verge of tears as the Oilers go down like a sweet muffin the Mild.

I still think the Oilers make the playoffs, but this start has cost them any chance they might’ve had at winning the West.
I think the NHL is wise to Woodcroft's system. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep loosing more and more even with McDavid back until he's fired or changes the system.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the NHL is wise to Woodcroft's system. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep loosing more and more even with McDavid back until he's fired or changes the system.
Woodcroft's "system", like every coach before him, is "load up McDavid/Drasaitl and pray the other three lines don't get scored on."

The org is rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad