Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Moser isn't any better either quite frankly. I can tolerate him because at least he's a homer for the team I like but honestly he's probably one of the worst guys around as well and usually I just hope to get the other teams broadcast at this point in a lot of games. Or the national broadcast.
Moser is terrible. I've never liked him even one bit. Prefer to put the TV on mute and play McMetal's playlist.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Last year I said Tage Thompson is a good candidate for regressing, and although it’s very early, but the dude has 1 point in 6 games.

I never get tired of being right. Now Thompson can always go off and start producing at high rate again and make me look stupid, but for now I was right

You and I are almost never wrong all the time every time.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Moser is the worst. He's so inarticulate/bordering on incoherent at points in the broadcast it reflects poorly on whoever hired him. The slightest bit of excitement in the game and his vocal expressions just go completely off the rails.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
is Broberg actually playing 4th line wing for the Oilers like this site suggests??

if so ouch especially with some of the players taken with picks shortly after him (Zegras, Boldy, Caufield)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh and back on the subject of the Sabres, the only thing worse than a shitty head coach IMO is a shitty goaltending coach. I’m not even sure the Sabres have a full time guy but whoever they got they should get rid of because he seems to bring out the worst in his netminders.

Is Comrie supposed to be a good backup? I’ve heard good things about him but every time I watch him he sucks. That second Montreal goal last night was just horrible. Gives up a ridiculous rebound on the softest of shots and can’t corral it.

I seriously thank God we finally got and kept a legit goalie coach, and they even gave him an assistant to go down to the AHL.

We can't draft goalies for shit, but they do get better and make obvious improvements consistently here.

That is exactly why I'm excited about Cartwheels.

Reactions: Bender

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
1698168707588.png

So, maybe Girard doesn't actually have as much of a muffin shot as folks here think? His shot is just as hard as Byrams and harder then Fox's lol.

Makar really is just a generational guy. Look at his size compared to all the other guys towards the top with him.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
View attachment 757000

So, maybe Girard doesn't actually have as much of a muffin shot as folks here think? His shot is just as hard as Byrams and harder then Fox's lol.

Makar really is just a generational guy. Look at his size compared to all the other guys towards the top with him.

He was probably shooting the puck downhill with a heavy wind at his back or something

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Hopefully the media circus doesn't go away. I want the NHL and all the players who opposed pride night/tape to be asked about it constantly.
Someone in the NHL probably got reminded that banning the pride tape kinda goes against the rulebook:
Rule 10 – Sticks
10.1 Player’s Stick – (see 10.2 for goalkeeper) The sticks shall be made of wood or other material approved by the League, and must not have
any projections. Adhesive tape of any color may be wrapped around the stick at any place for the purpose of reinforcement or to improve
control of the puck.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
is Broberg actually playing 4th line wing for the Oilers like this site suggests??

if so ouch especially with some of the players taken with picks shortly after him (Zegras, Boldy, Caufield)

I haven't been watching the Oilers much but from what I've heard, hes really struggling out there

Reactions: Chiarelli

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NHL Edge is smooth, I didn't realise that Jojo has faced the most dangerous shots in the league. Georgiev is in 4th. Supposedly Avs are the 9th fastest team in the league (above us are the Jets, Canes, Kings, CBJ, and others). Our team has the most 20+ and 22+ mph bursts in the league though.
View attachment 757000

JFresh got it wrong, he labelled it in mph, but in reality it is km/h.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
View attachment 757000

There’s no one left that can really hammer the puck anymore with chara and Weber gone. Cale shooting harder than Parayko is just bonkers

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
NHL Edge is smooth, I didn't realise that Jojo has faced the most dangerous shots in the league. Georgiev is in 4th. Supposedly Avs are the 9th fastest team in the league (above us are the Jets, Canes, Kings, CBJ, and others). Our team has the most 20+ and 22+ mph bursts in the league though.

JFresh got it wrong, he labelled it in mph, but in reality it is km/h.
That's not good. Or sustainable.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ducks healthy scratching Leo Carlsson for load management is an odd decision
Not to mention the fact that it's on Frozen Frenzy night AND we could've been treated to a Carlsson vs. Fantilli night (I get that these sorts of things don't usually result in a good game but it still is a fun narrative) and they decide to keep him out. Like...WTF are we doing here?

Someone at the League offices should make a phone call to the Anaheim brass pronto.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Not to mention the fact that it's on Frozen Frenzy night AND we could've been treated to a Carlsson vs. Fantilli night (I get that these sorts of things don't usually result in a good game but it still is a fun narrative) and they decide to keep him out. Like...WTF are we doing here?

Someone at the League offices should make a phone call to the Anaheim brass pronto.
Are they gonna do this with him all season? Dudes played two games… maybe he’s still recovering from whatever injury he had and they’re just using this as an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad