Confirmed with Link: Arbitration Avoided, Bratt Signs for 1 year, $5.45 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Bratt.png

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Soo....he puts up 55 to 65 points this year long term deal around 6.5 mil a year?
he puts up point per game again....long term deal goes to 8.5 a year?
Quite the gamble

55 to 65 pts means he’s not signing long term. It’ll be another one year deal where he tries for another PPG year and he goes to UFA the following summer.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No but he was qualified at $3.5 m. Arbitration can knock that down to slightly below $3 m.
That's so stupid. I guarantee with his 3 games played and not even been cleared as of 3 weeks ago that nobody would have offered him that if we just didn't qualify him and let him go UFA. Not with just 3 games played in the last year and then having to be shut down yet again after his 3 games. With hardly any teams having significant cap space right now, no one is gonna sign a guy in his position to a 1 year $3 million deal. The fact that he's probably gonna make significantly more than half of what Bratt is making makes me want to smash my head against glass.

And we shouldn't be signing him after this year, unless he wants to play for like $1.5 million (maybe $2) per year.

We don't really have a player like Wood in our system, but what we should be looking for is a younger version of a player like Wood that's on an ELC or a very cheap deal.

You don't sign players like Miles Wood into his late 20's and 30's, and DEFINITELY NOT after the injury he just had.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
55 to 65 pts means he’s not signing long term. It’ll be another one year deal where he tries for another PPG year and he goes to UFA the following summer.
Objection. Speculation.

That's so stupid. I guarantee with his 3 games played and not even been cleared as of 3 weeks ago that nobody would have offered him that if we just didn't qualify him and let him go UFA. Not with just 3 games played in the last year and then having to be shut down yet again after his 3 games. With hardly any teams having significant cap space right now, no one is gonna sign a guy in his position to a 1 year $3 million deal.

And we shouldn't be signing him after this year, unless he wants to play for like $1.5 million (maybe $2) per year.

We don't really have a player like Wood in our system, but what we should be looking for is a younger version of a player like Wood that's on an ELC or a very cheap deal.

You don't sign players like Miles Wood into his late 20's and 30's, and DEFINITELY NOT after the injury he just had.
If Wood has a good year, stays healthy, scores 15 on the 4th line. I’d be fine signing him to a 4x3.5 deal.

Reactions: BostonDevil

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
That's so stupid. I guarantee with his 3 games played and not even been cleared as of 3 weeks ago that nobody would have offered him that if we just didn't qualify him and let him go UFA. Not with just 3 games played in the last year and then having to be shut down yet again after his 3 games. With hardly any teams having significant cap space right now, no one is gonna sign a guy in his position to a 1 year $3 million deal. The fact that he's probably gonna make significantly more than half of what Bratt is making makes me want to smash my head against glass.

I agree with you. Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad decision to let an arbitrator decide Wood's case and then just let him become a UFA.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Objection. Speculation.

If Wood has a good year, stays healthy, scores 15 on the 4th line. I’d be fine signing him to a 4x3.5 deal.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

You don't sign 4th liners to FOUR year deals to begin with. Not 28-31 years old. No f***ing way.

These are the guys that you gotta stay away from when you're a salary cap team. You gotta move on from them. We've moved on from WAY BETTER players in the cap era for ''Salary cap purposes''.

Absolutely f***ing not. I'd sooner sign him to that if he scored 50 points (even though it wouldn't be sustainable, but let's forget that for a moment) this year.

There's no need to keep this guy around for 4 years from ages 28-31.

We need to be looking for a younger (maybe Tyce Thompson? Maybe?) player to give us what he brings (or used to bring before the injury) and for cheap.

You don't sign 4th line guys to 4 year deals. Not when they're 28-31 years old, not when you're at the cap and certainly not for $3.5 million a year.

The best I could do is $2 million a year and I wouldn't go 4 years. Maybe I could entertain a one year deal for $3.5 million?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I hink it will prove beneficial to get players signed to long term deals during this flat cap era.

Will that still be in effect next year and we sign Bratt to an 8x8 deal that proves to be a great bargain long term? Hopefully.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree with you. Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad decision to let an arbitrator decide Wood's case and then just let him become a UFA.
Apparently we're not allowed to walk away unless it's over $4.5 million or something? I forgot what the number was.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Objection. Speculation.

What am I missing? I am having a bad day but isn't Miles Wood up for Arbitration right now? If yes, how can you set goals for the future? Like "has a good year, stays healthy, scores 15 on the 4th line?"

It is set a dollar amount with terms now, I think.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The minimum Wood can receive is $2.975 million
And he knows he won't get this on the UFA market because of his situation over the last year.

So he definitely makes out MUCH better by not becoming a UFA.

Reactions: Maine Fan

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

You don't sign 4th liners to FOUR year deals to begin with. Not 28-31 years old. No f***ing way.

These are the guys that you gotta stay away from when you're a salary cap team. You gotta move on from them. We've moved on from WAY BETTER players in the cap era for ''Salary cap purposes''.

Absolutely f***ing not. I'd sooner sign him to that if he scored 50 points (even though it wouldn't be sustainable, but let's forget that for a moment) this year.

There's no need to keep this guy around for 4 years from ages 28-31.

We need to be looking for a younger (maybe Tyce Thompson? Maybe?) player to give us what he brings (or used to bring before the injury) and for cheap.

You don't sign 4th line guys to 4 year deals. Not when they're 28-31 years old, not when you're at the cap and certainly not for $3.5 million a year.

The best I could do is $2 million a year and I wouldn't go 4 years. Maybe I could entertain a one year deal for $3.5 million?
You’re right. He turns 27 in sept. (Time flies)So if we were to sign him next year he’d be 28 to start the deal. So 4 years is too long. 3x3.5 is even a little hairy but id do it. Assuming a healthy and productive year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad