Player Discussion Anton Forsberg

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
What is your point? That you can say your thing without having replies? How does that work on a forum?
If you can't discern from my original reply that my point is that you're taking this way too seriously, then I'll say plainly once more. You are taking this way too seriously. Enjoy your Sunday.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
If you can't discern from my original reply that my point is that you're taking this way too seriously, then I'll say plainly once more. You are taking this way too seriously. Enjoy your Sunday.

Is there a level of seriousness that one cannot transgress here?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I injured my MCL. It was an avulsion fracture (tore out of the bone). Oddly enough, they don't do surgery, it just eventually heals. Mine took about 3 months at least before it was feeling normal. And I was lucky that the ACL didn't go at the same time. A lot of people tear their ACL when the MCL goes.
High grade MCL sprains (full tear or avulsion) normally have other ligament injuries as well, and sometime cartilage injuries.

Full MCL tear can be in isolation, but it’s rare. On the other hand isolated low grade injuries (strain or partial tears) can easily happen.

It did not look like a low grade injury. If we (or more aptly he) had a partial tear, that would be best, but that wouldn’t need a stretcher.

All of the above assuming MCL. It could be a different injury.

My guess is he needs surgery.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Update - Dorion is reporting MCL damage in both knees (!) for Forsberg. No surgery discussed, but he is likely done for the season. Good news if he can avoid surgery, and this is definitely a better outcome than a torn ACL, broken leg that needed to be reset, etc.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Man. That’s very scary.

Update - Dorion is reporting MCL damage in both knees (!) for Forsberg. No surgery discussed, but he is likely done for the season. Good news if he can avoid surgery, and this is definitely a better outcome than a torn ACL, broken leg that needed to be reset, etc.
Specifically tears. Not just any damage

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Pretty disastrous game for the Senators yesterday. Is there any updates on Sanderson?

Tanking and a high draft pick seem like the optimistic outcome and option at this point. Its been an unlucky and unfortunate season.

EDIT - Ooops - see that Sanderson is expected to be out 10 to 14 days now.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Pretty disastrous game for the Senators yesterday. Is there any updates on Sanderson?

Tanking and a high draft pick seem like the optimistic outcome and option at this point. Its been an unlucky and unfortunate season.
Sanderson out 2 weeks with 'upper body injury'. It looked shoulder(ish) after that hit. Sigh.

Reactions: Big Muddy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
High grade MCL sprains (full tear or avulsion) normally have other ligament injuries as well, and sometime cartilage injuries.

Full MCL tear can be in isolation, but it’s rare. On the other hand isolated low grade injuries (strain or partial tears) can easily happen.

It did not look like a low grade injury. If we (or more aptly he) had a partial tear, that would be best, but that wouldn’t need a stretcher.

All of the above assuming MCL. It could be a different injury.

Well, both knees kinda results in the stretcher when you can't put weight on either leg

@Micklebot ya I've never seen the 2 for 1 deal on MCLs either. Weird.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
At least the MacArthur and Lehner incident was a pure accident.

This was pure and utter stupidity. Don't know how Hamonic can look at Anton in the eyes ever again.

"hey ya sorry for breaking both your knees and potentially ruining your career"

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hoping Forbserg can recover asap, not for this sorry ass excuse of a team, but both knees being blown out, can't imagine how much that sucks and hurts

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
MCLs are better than ACLs I am told but .. both at once will be a tough stretch for him. He will get great care and he is a worker so I am optimistic on his recovery.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorian is very successful with those 3 year goalie contracts
Very frustrating, We haven't had a goalie signing work out since Andy...

Hammond has the miracle run, Murray gives him a 3 year deal and he's immediately back to being a pumpkin.

Condon gives us a solid 40 games playing just about every night while Andy was hurt, Dorion gives him 3 years, he has some back issues and his career takes an immediate detour into a dumpster

Picks up Nilsson who looks solid, extends him two years and he gets concussed right out of the league.

Trades for Matt Murray, signs him to a 4 year disaster.

Forsberg has a great season after getting picked up out of the dust bin, signs for three years essentially displacing the spot Gus was expected to take and now he blows out both knees

Our net is cursed.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Hammond has the miracle run, Murray gives him a 3 year deal and he's immediately back to being a pumpkin.

Condon gives us a solid 40 games playing just about every night while Andy was hurt, Dorion gives him 3 years, he has some back issues and his career takes an immediate detour into a dumpster

Picks up Nilsson who looks solid, extends him two years and he gets concussed right out of the league.

Forsberg has a great season after getting picked up out of the dust bin, signs for three years essentially displacing the spot Gus was expected to take and now he blows out both knees

Our net is cursed.
Our evaluators are dogshit

3 journeymen signed to 8 years and ~20 million, and a guy with severe health issues and 3 years of declining play signed to a 4 year 30 million dollar deal.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Our evaluators are dogshit
I don't think your evaluators can predict a double MCL, a career ending concussion or the back issues Condon had, so I give them a bit of slack on those ones. I thought both Nilsson and Forsberg were acceptable deals, Condon was pretty iffy.

Trading for Murray and Talbot though, ugh. I wasn't really thrilled with either deal tbh, but I didn't think either would be as bad as they were. We'd be better off shoring up the D and getting better coaching imo.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't think your evaluators can predict a double MCL, a career ending concussion or the back issues Condon had, so I give them a bit of slack on those ones. I thought both Nilsson and Forsberg were acceptable deals, Condon was pretty iffy.

Trading for Murray and Talbot though, ugh. I wasn't really thrilled with either deal tbh, but I didn't think either would be as bad as they were. We'd be better off shoring up the D and getting better coaching imo.
Remove the injuries completely, you’ve got average backups signed to 8 years at 20 million, and a walking injury to a 30 million dollar deal.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Our net is cursed.
That's actually cursed af

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad