Player Discussion Anton Forsberg

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I noticed that he was outplayed by his counterpart. Does that mean something is wrong with me? What's wrong with you is the question I've come away with. You ok?
Just that your response seems totally unrelated to the poster you quoted

My mistake then. I'm happy you're ok.
Another great night for Forsberg. What a revelation this guy has been this season.
Thought that he was outplayed last night by his opposition.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
I know this is a multiple month bump, but after tonights shutout I wanted to give some props, and bring up a VERY nice statistic.

Forsberg-Talbot (or Talbot-Forsberg, whatever) is the best performing goaltending tandem we have iced since 2016-17 with Anderson and Condon!

2016-17

Anderson .926
Condon .914

2017-18

Anderson .898
Condon .902

2018-19

Anderson .903
Nilsson .914

2019-20

Anderson .902
Hogberg .904

2020-21

Murray .893
Hogberg .876

2021-22

Forsberg .917
Murray .906

2022-23 (so far)

Forsberg .914
Talbot .911

it feels really really good to not feel nervous when one of our goalies is starting! I'm confident no matter who we have in net that as long as we don't give up 17 billion prime opportunities like vs DET, we will get steady goaltending!

It's also been since the Hamburglar run in 2014-15 since we've had 2 goalies above .915! Would love to see that this year!

It's a weird feeling I'm not used to.

Reactions: bicboi64

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I know this is a multiple month bump, but after tonights shutout I wanted to give some props, and bring up a VERY nice statistic.

Forsberg-Talbot (or Talbot-Forsberg, whatever) is the best performing goaltending tandem we have iced since 2016-17 with Anderson and Condon!

2016-17

Anderson .926
Condon .914

2017-18

Anderson .898
Condon .902

2018-19

Anderson .903
Nilsson .914

2019-20

Anderson .902
Hogberg .904

2020-21

Murray .893
Hogberg .876

2021-22

Forsberg .917
Murray .906

2022-23 (so far)

Forsberg .914
Talbot .911

it feels really really good to not feel nervous when one of our goalies is starting! I'm confident no matter who we have in net that as long as we don't give up 17 billion prime opportunities like vs DET, we will get steady goaltending!

It's also been since the Hamburglar run in 2014-15 since we've had 2 goalies above .915! Would love to see that this year!

It's a weird feeling I'm not used to.
It took three f***ing years of therapy to erase the name Condon from my memory. You ruined all that hard work and money with one post

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
From a technical standpoint point he's alot better than Talbot. He loses his net way less and he tracks pucks better. I think compared to last year he struggled with consistency. However Forsberg looks like he has found his game. Hopefully he grabs the reigns and carries this play as the defacto 1A as I do think he gives the sens their best chance to win. I've liked Talbot but he really seems to run very hot or very cold. You can usually tell right away. I prefer Forsbergs consistency.... Glad the sens have both and I like how DJ is doing it. Unless it's a back to back whoever runs hot gets the net. If they have a bad game the other guy goes in.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I injured my MCL. It was an avulsion fracture (tore out of the bone). Oddly enough, they don't do surgery, it just eventually heals. Mine took about 3 months at least before it was feeling normal. And I was lucky that the ACL didn't go at the same time. A lot of people tear their ACL when the MCL goes.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A lot of people tear their ACL when the MCL goes.
Right here. ;-). I had the unhappy triad in my right knee - torn ACL, torn MCL, torn meniscus. That's a long, tough rehab, especially because my leg wasn't weight bearing for so long after the surgery. Getting it to straighten up was tough also - I used to have to lay on the floor every night, my heel elevated, and literally weigh my knee down with weights and ice bags so as to push it straight.

I wouldn't wish those nine months on my worst enemy. I really hope Forsberg got off light as the doctor speculates...

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
I think the problem here was Hyman was in the middle of the crease right above Forsberg basically waiting for a dman to touch him so he can fall on the goalie. You can blame Hamonic for pushing him but the clip I saw Hyman was already there in the crease without the puck. Textbook play to crash the goalie, or did I miss something, I didn't watch this game? The league needs to start protecting the goalies a lot better than what they are in relation to crease violations or beef up the crease violation rules

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think the problem here was Hyman was in the middle of the crease right above Forsberg basically waiting for a dman to touch him so he can fall on the goalie. You can blame Hamonic for pushing him but the clip I saw Hyman was already there in the crease without the puck. Textbook play to crash the goalie, or did I miss something, I didn't watch this game? The league needs to start protecting the goalies a lot better than what they are in relation to crease violations or beef up the crease violation rules
Hyman even gave Forsberg a crosscheck for good measure. Hamonic gave him a push put Hyman used it to propel himself on Forsberg and dump all his weight on him. Garbage move. Probably didn't mean to injure the goalie but he definitely put himself on top of Forsberg and hoped for the push so he could sell crashing the goalie. It's something only a gutless puke would do. I lost a lot of respect for Hyman today.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
but but toughness, he can spell intense and he does an amazing job protecting our players

what's even dumber is first he lets the guy sneak in behind him, then he crosschecks the guy who is tied up and lets leon draisatl with the tap in.

he is big, strong and even a good skater, but one of the lowest iq players we've had. you can see the gears grinding in his head anytime he has to make a decision.

has to be babysat by a rookie.

Reactions: bicboi64

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
what's even dumber is first he lets the guy sneak in behind him, then he crosschecks the guy who is tied up and lets leon draisatl with the tap in.

he is big, strong and even a good skater, but one of the lowest iq players we've had. you can see the gears grinding in his head anytime he has to make a decision.

has to be babysat by a rookie.
I disagree. In his prime Hamonic was a very good defensive d man. But time is undefeated.

Hyman even gave Forsberg a crosscheck for good measure. Hamonic gave him a push put Hyman used it to propel himself on Forsberg and dump all his weight on him. Garbage move. Probably didn't mean to injure the goalie but he definitely put himself on top of Forsberg and hoped for the push so he could sell crashing the goalie. It's something only a gutless puke would do. I lost a lot of respect for Hyman today.
Gutless puke came out with the win. We should take notes. f*** the oilers but it does seem like they are figuring that part out. Dives. Cheap shots. Hated players.

We hear to play hockey or are we here to win hockey games. We have to decide that internally. Maybe Boucher and kleven will make our decision easier.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I disagree. In his prime Hamonic was a very good defensive d man. But time is undefeated.

Gutless puke came out with the win. We should take notes. f*** the oilers but it does seem like they are figuring that part out. Dives. Cheap shots. Hated players.

We hear to play hockey or are we here to win hockey games. We have to decide that internally. Maybe Boucher and kleven will make our decision easier.

i'm talking about now.

and when he was younger he could keep up better, but now he is losing that and he does not have the iq to compensate.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i'm talking about now.

and when he was younger he could keep up better, but now he is losing that and he does not have the iq to compensate.
I’m saying he’s not low iq. He used to be very good and it’s not because he was some superior athlete to the guys he was playing against. Very smart defensive player. But. Step is gone.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I’m saying he’s not low iq. He used to be very good and it’s not because he was some superior athlete to the guys he was playing against. Very smart defensive player. But. Step is gone.

well he plays brain dead now as we have seen this game and the whole season. game is too quick for him.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014

I think you are misreading the situation. Firstly, you presume to know what Hyman "hopes", which is the basis for your argument that he's a "gutless puke". I see no history to support that, nor can we read minds, no matter how much we feel like we can.

What you perceive to be a "cross check" is probably better understood as an attempt to brace to get his weight off of Forsberg. There's no force to the move, and the only thing that resembles a cross check is that he is lifting himself off whilst holding on to his stick. Were it a cross check, you'd expect Hyman to move his shoulders and elbows back to exert force into the check, but he does absolutely none of that.

Moreover, once Hamonic pushes Hyman, his left leg is already touching Forsberg's pad and he is locked up against Holden with his right foot. Since he cannot put any weight forward to brace against the push from Hamonic, he's bound to fall forward - but there's little to suggest that he launches into this. I'd argue that it would be difficult to fall any softer in that situation.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This could be the ghost of Connor Bedard making sure Ottawa doesn’t go on a run and out of the bottom 10 so the ghost can win Ottawa the draft lottery.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think you are misreading the situation. Firstly, you presume to know what Hyman "hopes", which is the basis for your argument that he's a "gutless puke". I see no history to support that, nor can we read minds, no matter how much we feel like we can.

What you perceive to be a "cross check" is probably better understood as an attempt to brace to get his weight off of Forsberg. There's no force to the move, and the only thing that resembles a cross check is that he is lifting himself off whilst holding on to his stick. Were it a cross check, you'd expect Hyman to move his shoulders and elbows back to exert force into the check, but he does absolutely none of that.

Moreover, once Hamonic pushes Hyman, his left leg is already touching Forsberg's pad and he is locked up against Holden with his right foot. Since he cannot put any weight forward to brace against the push from Hamonic, he's bound to fall forward - but there's little to suggest that he launches into this. I'd argue that it would be difficult to fall any softer in that situation.
So I was watching the Oilers feed to that game. Hyman had the penalty shot goal. After that goal, the Oiler broadcast crew were talking about Hyman having 5 goals called back this year because of goalie interference

So, we can all claim how innocent Hyman is on the play, but if you constantly put yourself in a position for something like that to happen, it eventually will..

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Wow. It’s a hockey forum where people vent. I presume to know that you are taking this way too seriously. Moreover, Hyman called me after the game and bragged that he had crippled our goalie and when I challenged him to gentlemanly fisticuffs to settle the issue, his face paled (it was a FaceTime call so I could see) and he claimed to have forgotten something on the stove and promptly hung up. So I know for a fact that he’s gutless.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Wow. It’s a hockey forum where people vent. I presume to know that you are taking this way too seriously. Moreover, Hyman called me after the game and bragged that he had crippled our goalie and when I challenged him to gentlemanly fisticuffs to settle the issue, his face paled (it was a FaceTime call so I could see) and he claimed to have forgotten something on the stove and promptly hung up. So I know for a fact that he’s gutless.

What is your point? That you can say your thing without having replies? How does that work on a forum?

Reactions: DrEasy

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
So I was watching the Oilers feed to that game. Hyman had the penalty shot goal. After that goal, the Oiler broadcast crew were talking about Hyman having 5 goals called back this year because of goalie interference

So, we can all claim how innocent Hyman is on the play, but if you constantly put yourself in a position for something like that to happen, it eventually will..

Certainly, Hyman is in front of the net a lot. None of the disallowed goals came from anything but incidental contact, though, and does not show him to be some malicious presence near the crease. The point was, however, whether or not this was an attempt to injure Forsberg, or simply an accident that stemmed from being pushed into the goalie. I argued against the position that Hyman was trying to injure Forsberg. That's it, really.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
I'm not a Senators fan at all but the point I was trying to make was Hyman was planted in the crease before Hamonic shoved him, not on the fringe but in the middle, and making no attempt at all to leave the crease, I don't think there is any way that goal should have counted. Again, they need to start protecting these goalies. Far too many injuries happening. Opposing player, if both skates in the crease should be an automatic goalie interference penalty whether puck is there or not , that might just work. Then , just because puck is in the crease doesn't mean you can crash the goalie. Also, keeping at least one skate out of the crease gives dman a better angle to clear the opposing player out without him falling into the goalie.

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad