Player Discussion Anton Forsberg

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Very frustrating, We haven't had a goalie signing work out since Andy...

Hammond has the miracle run, Murray gives him a 3 year deal and he's immediately back to being a pumpkin.

Condon gives us a solid 40 games playing just about every night while Andy was hurt, Dorion gives him 3 years, he has some back issues and his career takes an immediate detour into a dumpster

Picks up Nilsson who looks solid, extends him two years and he gets concussed right out of the league.

Trades for Matt Murray, signs him to a 4 year disaster.

Forsberg has a great season after getting picked up out of the dust bin, signs for three years essentially displacing the spot Gus was expected to take and now he blows out both knees

Our net is cursed.
One of these motherf***ers in the locker room needs to burn some incense and offer cigars and rum to Joboo or something. Goddamn that is cursed af.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Remove the injuries completely, you’ve got average backups signed to 8 years at 20 million, and a walking injury to a 30 million dollar deal.
What do you think an average backup should cost?

2.5 cap hit would be the 42nd highest for a goalie, add in Canadian taxes and your pretty much paying average money for average backups.

Are there better deals to be had, sure, are there worse ones, sure.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

Hammond has the miracle run, Murray gives him a 3 year deal and he's immediately back to being a pumpkin.

Condon gives us a solid 40 games playing just about every night while Andy was hurt, Dorion gives him 3 years, he has some back issues and his career takes an immediate detour into a dumpster

Picks up Nilsson who looks solid, extends him two years and he gets concussed right out of the league.

Forsberg has a great season after getting picked up out of the dust bin, signs for three years essentially displacing the spot Gus was expected to take and now he blows out both knees

Our net is cursed.

To be fair Hammond had an alright backup season in 15-16 ... 24 GP, .914 SV%. It was 16-17 where he lost it.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

Our net is cursed.
The bad mojo in our crease goes back waaay further than that...!

Tugnutt OT goal through the webbing of his glove
Choosing Barasso over Tugnutt when we had an excellent 1A/1B going
Drafting Mathieu Chouinard twice, originally with a 1st rounder then the second time with a 2nd rounder...
Lalime- a regular season rock who seemed to wilt when it mattered in the playoffs
Hasek injury at the Olympics
The Philips-Emery own goal that gifted ANA the cup in Game 5 2007 SCF
Ray Emery deciding that hockey wasn't all that important to him
And last but not least, not a single goalie that we drafted panning out to be our long term starter.

We have drafted 24 goalies (25 if you count Chouinard twice) and only 3 have played significant games for us (Lehner, Bishop, Emery) and the tier directly after that includes Hurme, Prusek, Hogberg and Daccord. We have been THAT bad at developing goalies.

3 years ago at the time when we drafted Merilainen we had 5 goalies that we legitimately thought could change our fortunes in net in:

Daccord
Gus
Hogberg
Sogaard
Merilainen

Now we are down to 2.

We are most certainly cursed in the crease.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think your evaluators can predict a double MCL, a career ending concussion or the back issues Condon had, so I give them a bit of slack on those ones. I thought both Nilsson and Forsberg were acceptable deals, Condon was pretty iffy.

Trading for Murray and Talbot though, ugh. I wasn't really thrilled with either deal tbh, but I didn't think either would be as bad as they were. We'd be better off shoring up the D and getting better coaching imo.
I think Hammond had injury issues as well

I'm too young to remember this and am afraid to ask if this is actually true
It is. Not as funny as trying to draft a dead guy though

Reactions: Micklebot

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

K so human clearly shoves forsberg before ever getting pushed in.

and who let Hyman walk in with no pressure? and yea the shove was a douche move but its not what led to the injury, Anton even regains most of his positioning.... and then Hamonic comes in.

Anton will be 50-60 and probably still be complaining about his knee issues because of this dumbass.

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

K so human clearly shoves forsberg before ever getting pushed in.

Forserg had already reset himself after the shove before Hamonic pushed Hyman on-top of him, it's really irrelevant as the reason he couldn't get across for a shot that didn't happen for another 6 seconds was Hamonic putting Hyman on top of him and blowing out both MCLs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How? How is this possible?
Depends on the grade of the injuries, grade 1 is 2 weeks, grade 2 four weeks, grade three up to 8 or more if the ACL is also damaged.

It's been 6 weeks already. It's safe to say he likely has a grade two sprain in at least one knee, but I suspect it was grade 1 in one knee and 2 in the other, maybe a grade three that didn't require surgery.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Depends on the grade of the injuries, grade 1 is 2 weeks, grade 2 four weeks, grade three up to 8 or more if the ACL is also damaged.

It's been 6 weeks already. It's safe to say he likely has a grade two sprain in at least one knee, but I suspect it was grade 1 in one knee and 2 in the other, maybe a grade three that didn't require surgery.
It's still crazy.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

Hope is not situation where he tried to avoid surgery but then turns out he does. We done this too often.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hope is not situation where he tried to avoid surgery but then turns out he does. We done this too often.
Highly unlikely imo, they pretty much decided he was out for the season right away but no surgery required, didn't yet know Talbot would get hurt too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad