Annoying TV Commercials - 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Every playoff both countries will run commercials over and over that become annoying.

The gambling ads are nonstop.

I believe this is running on both sides of the border

Xfinity

Verizon

Locally in Boston

Best hockey commercial ever?

My wife is getting tired of me yelling “shave you ugly…” every time they play that ad.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I liked the beat to the Amazon ad the first few times I heard it but now it's stuck in my head all day every day since the playoffs began

I did like the Apple ad with Joe Thornton and PK Subban however I saw tonight...first time I've seen that one so that was nice to see something different for once

Reactions: Doc McKenna

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

-Citizens Bank

giphy-downsized.gif

(Gretz really is a terrible actor though. :laugh:)

"Olive Garden" and "quality" don't belong in the same sentence unless the word "bad" is thrown in there as well.

I don't think we have them up here in Canada anymore, but the food was....well, it was not good. :help:
Not a fan of Bologna Alfredo?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dr Pepper

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Have we discussed the MassMutual commercial with Steven Stamkos?

Yeah, that one - especially when they show his "kid" boarding the guy from behind and skating off, and Stamkos is like "yeah, good job!"
Hedman looks like such a dork in that, can’t believe he ok’d it

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
As a Jets fan, it is the promo for today's games on Sportsnet "starting with the Leafs" and the two games following that.

The Jets play on Sportnset at 3 and aren't even in the promo. :facepalm:

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Mustache girl ad is fascinating. They must know it’s polarizing and widely disliked- it’s a case of all press is good press, I guess. I found myself recalling the ease of Prime earlier this week, and I despise Amazon and don’t even live in an area where prime is available. Meanwhile you know it’s just gonna further certain hateful politics. Huh. Weird world.

Reactions: SoupNazi and DaveG

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
the promo for that amazon prime show Citadel,
Is citadel a metaphor for the bathroom and one must fight to the death to take a shit?

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I don't understand that commercial, making the best of a bad situation by ordering on Amazon? It has to be more nuanced doesn't it?
Have you ever purchased something on impulse that made you feel better about yourself? I know I have, although it wasn't delivered by Amazon. Good for her and it's freakin' Queen! Maybe as a prequel commercial, she was shown earning the money for the Freddie coat by betting on FanDuel, to make it more acceptable?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Taco Bell

Let’s get it yotty yotty
Something something yotty yotty
Let’s see if you can something about a beat? Yotty yotty

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Changing it up a bit, I really like that "rockstar" ad.

Maybe that's wearing on some people as well but I still get a kick out of Paul Stanley just glaring at that one guy, mid-sentence. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad