Annoying TV Commercials - 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm going to bet no one brought up the betting ads in Canada.

Annnnnnd I'm broke now.

Do you think I'll be able to financially recover ? Place your bet today !

know your limits play within it.

"Hey now, WE'RE not responsible for the skyrocketing cases of gambling addiction across the country! The disclaimer's right there, plain as day!"

Dec 15, 2002
What leads them to believe that viewers enjoy this? It has a purely negative effect on me and how I view the companies advertizing their products and services. Just give me some variety.
1. If companies put up money for the space, that ad is going to run whatever it's schedule to run no matter how much viewers may hate it.
2. Don't underestimate the willingness of people to (a) sit through those commercials, and (b) focus even more when they really hate the ad.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The TV Dad ads can go straight to hell, too. “Some day when you’re a father, you’ll understand” - the whole ad makes zero sense, it’s actually insulting and makes me want to throw my TV through an office of whoever makes it. Companies need to realize that name recognition is not necessarily a good thing if you run shit ads that make people hate you.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
If you think the commercials are bad now.
Wait a year or so.
The political commercial disinformation
will be unbearable.
I’d rather watch anything but political BS.

Reactions: Alicat

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
"Hey now, WE'RE not responsible for the skyrocketing cases of gambling addiction across the country! The disclaimer's right there, plain as day!"
We're being sued by multiple parties on the premise of making gambling easier, more accessible and more glamorous. Think you know who will win the case ? Be- put some currency down on which side you think will be proven right today !

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm going to bet no one brought up the betting ads in Canada.

Annnnnnd I'm broke now.

Do you think I'll be able to financially recover ? Place your bet today !

know your limits play within it.

In all honesty what the F are Gretzky and McDavid doing pushing betting. You think both of them are rich enough they don't need that cash

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
In all honesty what the F are Gretzky and McDavid doing pushing betting. You think both of them are rich enough they don't need that cash
McDavid has a heated driveway, so probably wants more money.

"I just wanted a chance to work with him(Gretzky).

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
The TV Dad ads can go straight to hell, too. “Some day when you’re a father, you’ll understand” - the whole ad makes zero sense, it’s actually insulting and makes me want to throw my TV through an office of whoever makes it. Companies need to realize that name recognition is not necessarily a good thing if you run shit ads that make people hate you.
You'll understand when your a father :laugh:. To be honest I find them sadly amusing. Terrible ads I can't remember what they are selling, but TV dads sticks with you. :laugh:

Then again the "Don't become your parents" ads are the same, somewhat amusing but again terrible ads in what they are actually for has never stuck with me.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't enjoy that one commercial where the guy is incompetent and clumsy.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I've been watching ballys streaming. I get a commercial every breakage about how MLB has a pitch clock now, and banned the shift...

It's awful

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I am lucky, I just see a screen that says: Your event is on commercial break. Would prefer to see images from the arena, but still much better than the same annoying commercials 20 times a night.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
You'll understand when your a father :laugh:. To be honest I find them sadly amusing. Terrible ads I can't remember what they are selling, but TV dads sticks with you. :laugh:

Then again the "Don't become your parents" ads are the same, somewhat amusing but again terrible ads in what they are actually for has never stuck with me.
At least the "Don't become your parents" are witty and funny, and deal with real-life humor. TV Dad literally makes no sense, and it's insulting that they make us watch something that they put so little effort into.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Listen. I know we aren’thrilled about the gambling ads. But have you guys heard about Draft Kings in the last 5 minutes?

It’s not gambling. It’s betting. And that’s not the same. Plus Draft Kings. NHL has a draft. It must be ok.

Seriously though. Just rip the bandaid off. Throw in some hooker and smack ads while they’re at it to hit the trifecta of degeneracy.
Haha. Joe’s hoes. Get ‘em while they’re hot.

Reactions: easton117

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad