Annoying TV Commercials - 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Yeah thats the point. If anyone thinks this is to support LGBTQ+, feminism or whatever, then they are dupes. Its like all the companies green washing their exact same products while claiming they are doing any actual work towards a sustainable future. ANd when they do donate to a charity its always for the tax write off and PR. Or in bill gates case, all those free Windows PC he gave to africa was to make sure they get normalized with his garbage software. They might *gasp* use linux which is open source and free of cost.

I hate virtue signalling from any source. Just like the anti woke group boycotting(aka cancel culture) of bud light. Then going out and buying one of AB's other 400 products. One you are a hypocrite for crying about cancel culture and doing the same thing, two its not working because more than likely you bought one of their other products to stick it to Bud!

A Dose Of Buckley did a great one on this last week. And this includes tearing a strip off Devonwhatchmacalit that was doing the bud rainbow ad. Obnoxious personality before and after transition.

So this post probably pissed off 'both sides' of the guns vs gays camps. Meanwhile my group is over here just throwing out actual policy that helps working people instead of dividing them.

Now back to how the sports betting ads should be banned if sports actually ever game a sh!t about transparency or their fans. I would wager they don't given the money involved.
man, that ad really got to you

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
I find in general that NHL coverage has a huge problem with saturation of the same f***ing ads. Not the same companies, per se, but running the exact same five ads in a loop. What leads them to believe that viewers enjoy this? It has a purely negative effect on me and how I view the companies advertizing their products and services. Just give me some variety.

I loved that Freddie Mercury ad too... the first time. If you're watching a lot of playoff hockey, you want to rip out your eyeballs and pierce your eardrums by this point. We're two games into the postseason.
I read recently that companies play ads several times in a given time frame for purposes of audience retention (I.e. that people remember the company, the product/service)

If the ads aren't bunched together, they have minimal or no effect in the long term

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
The Honda commercial where they repeatedly claim about throughout history, others have claimed that they "can't do" something.

f*** you, Honda. No one thinks about you enough to give a shit what you can or cannot do.

Reactions: Truniht

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I do like the Masienda guy - seems genuinely nice and interesting.

A worthy successor to Antonelli's Cheese Shop.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
1682898679121.png

TOTS

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
The HHOF commercial with off brand Justin Trudeau is wearing out it’s welcome.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
- I'm SO happy they stopped playing the mustache commercial every break. You're not even that committed to the idea if it's a f***in CGI mustache.
-The Thornton/Subban commercial is fantastic. I don't even like either of those guys (though I've come around on Subban since he's been in the studio), but great music, good production, great concept, and plays comedically off of a hockey stereotype.
-I hate that Wing Stop commercial. I don't know when it became kind of a fad to have eating sounds in ads, but it's wildly off-putting. The whole mukbang influence makes my blood boil. That shit is just annoying.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Verizon's ones always seem really smug.
I was going to say something similar about the current Verizon commercial. I have to mute it because Seth Meyers is so annoyingly smug.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like Verizon commercials, in general, are that way. They tend to have one character who acts proud of himself, if not superior, for switching to Verizon.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not sure if everyone is seeing the same commercials I am, but the one with all the young-ish people getting together and making pasta from scratch (like no one's ever done that before - wankers) and then "enjoying" it with Coke....

Coke and pasta? Yeeeech!

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Kiss the cup + song. Completely takes you out of the competitive aspect.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not sure if everyone is seeing the same commercials I am, but the one with all the young-ish people getting together and making pasta from scratch (like no one's ever done that before - wankers) and then "enjoying" it with Coke....

Coke and pasta? Yeeeech!
"Cheers to us we did it yeaaaaaaaaa"

I hate that extra shit

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad