Annoying TV Commercials - 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They show an 11 year old Labatt commercial?

11?

1682538597396.png

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The gambling ads can derelicte my balls. In particular, the Cabbie and Kevin Weeks segments that they put on during ICINGS.

IT’S BEEN 90 SECONDS SINCE YOUR LAST GAMBLING AD, WE WOULDN’T WANT YOU TO FORGET!

Hockey is awesome but the NHL is becoming a Ponzi Scheme propped up by selling out to predatory advertisers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The gambling ads can derelicte my balls. In particular, the Cabbie and Kevin Weeks segments that they put on during ICINGS.

IT’S BEEN 90 SECONDS SINCE YOUR LAST GAMBLING AD, WE WOULDN’T WANT YOU TO FORGET!

Hockey is awesome but the NHL is becoming a Ponzi Scheme propped up by selling out to predatory advertisers.

Also bad are those Jesse Pinkman "Bet365" ones, that have updated betting lines added in, for that game.

They're trying way too hard to bring more gullible consumers in, and the shitty thing is it's probably working.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Gambling ads are awful. I hope we can shame them into dropping those or get some regulations in place to stop them. If a grown adult wants to gamble, drink alcohol, smoke, whatever so be it but let's not seduce more to do it with advertising on mainstream entertainment.

Not from these playoffs (I don't think) but Scotiabank has had some really irritating commercials as recently as last season. Also commercials that use that type of music I like to call whimper crooning.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Local ad for a jeweler in Fort Lauderdale.

I think for game 1 vs the Bruins it had to be played every TV commercial break.
The content wasn't terrible, but the shear frequency of it was down right stupid.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The worst thing about the gambling ads (other than being gambling ads) is that they broadcast Canada-wide, but are only available to play in Ontario so there is no tangible value to the rest of the Country.

More so when I'm watching the late game for Oilers or Jets, when the entire country knows that as soon as the Leafs game is done everyone in Ontario is no longer watching hockey.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The Amazon Prime ad is really the only thing that should be discussed here, because it's a really repulsive, frequently complained about advertisement that is explicitly designed to disgust and annoy the viewer. Amazon doesn't need to advertise, you know what the company does and where to find it, but the marketing executives have a budget that needs to be expended, so you get this lovely thing. A social engineering campaign designed to condition people against their own natural disgust reactions.

Jeff Bezos needs to be forced to work in one of his own warehouses.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The Amazon Prime ad is really the only thing that should be discussed here, because it's a really repulsive, frequently complained about advertisement that is explicitly designed to disgust and annoy the viewer. Amazon doesn't need to advertise, you know what the company does and where to find it, but the marketing executives have a budget that needs to be expended, so you get this lovely thing. A social engineering campaign designed to condition people against their own natural disgust reactions.

Jeff Bezos needs to be forced to work in one of his own warehouses.

I don't think there's anything disgusting about it, but the oversaturation into every single commercial break can border on annoying, for sure.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Funny to me that a girl with a mustache is so disturbing to the old curmudgeons of HF. I like it now.

For me, Burger King can straight f*** itself and I'll never go again. BK might as well be out of business as far as I'm concerned. f*** your stupid ass bullshit songs. You can't even autotune correctly.

Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad