Player Discussion: Ehlers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Other Ehlers-ish style NHL players seems to harden/adjust their games somewhat come playoff time. Manage to accumulate some " ugly points" . Ehlers doesn't seem too as much. Still think he can be a key contributor in playoff run under the right circumstances. But we haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As much as i like Ehlers, looking at our defense now with Heinola out for who knows how long, maybe trying to get a good defenseman for Ehlers is the way to go. Take a chance with both Lambert and Chibrikov .

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as i like Ehlers, looking at our defense now with Heinola out for who knows how long, maybe trying to get a good defenseman for Ehlers is the way to go. Take a chance with both Lambert and Chibrikov .

You likely don't get that for fly with one year left on his deal. I think he would have been dealt by now if anyone was willing to part with a good top 4 RD.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You think our D is that much better with Ville in? What do you base that on?
Ville is a bubble Dman - he's not a key pce that makes or breaks our blueline

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You think our D is that much better with Ville in? What do you base that on?
Ville is a bubble Dman - he's not a key pce that makes or breaks our blueline
No i just was adding him to our shaky defense i think we may have right now. Honestly i have no idea if Heinola would help because he hasn't played at the NHL level enough.

Reactions: LowLefty

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You likely don't get that for fly with one year left on his deal. I think he would have been dealt by now if anyone was willing to part with a good top 4 RD.
I don't think the Jets are necessarily looking at that right now. Neal Pionk and Dylan Samberg are going to get a chance to prove themselves this year as top 4 d-men. If they do well expect extensions for both. If this team does poorly, expect Pionk to get moved at the deadline, Ehlers too, and then look at prospective d-man in a trade, I'd say. If the team does well, with Yager having a good camp so far, maybe they stick him in the middle, and move Lambert to the wing to replace Ehlers speed next season. Let Ehlers walk.

A forward group of

Connor-Scheif-Vilardi
Perfetti-Yager-Lambert
Barron-Lowry-Appleton
Nino-Gus-Chibrikov/Torgersson

doesn't seem terrible.

A good development year from Salomonsson and maybe you are looking at Stanley-Salomonsson, competing with Heinola-Miller for 3rd pairing ice time.

Ehlers and Pionk are two players that have a lot to prove this year. I'd say Vilardi and Samberg too, with new contracts on the horizon. Connor and Lowry are key pieces that could be extended in the offseason, so they have a lot on the line as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad