Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene Contract Extension (Five years, $5 million per)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I've ragged on Lou a lot in the past but he was tremendous this summer. I really can't complain about anything. Yea, it would have been to have Fayne back but its time for the kids to get a chance. Every other signing and resigning was great, in my mind.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
wow what a steal

Well yeah a steal considering some dope probably would have given him 6-36 in FA.

Andy already showed the last time he was loyal when he stayed off our worst season in 20 years despite being offered more money elsewhere. I'm glad we stepped to the plate early and decisively this offseason.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 42s
Andy Greene's extension with the #devils is worth $25M over five years.

That's a pretty great deal right there.

That is less money and less years than expected. Great deal.

And Lou has finally learned from his past mistakes which also means we have less to worry about next offseason.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Well yeah a steal considering some dope probably would have given him 6-36 in FA.

Andy already showed the last time he was loyal when he stayed off our worst season in 20 years despite being offered more money elsewhere. I'm glad we stepped to the plate early and decisively this offseason.

Lou's Offseason:

1) Get the 30th pick in the draft
2.) Clear the log jam on D
3.) got rid of one of Salvador/volcehnkov
4.) Signed Cammalleri,Havlat
5.) Re signed cory a LTC
6.) Signed Andy to LTC

Cons:
1.Let fayne walk (Cant really complain with the younger kids getting a chance)

Overall tremendous off season for Lou

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That is less money and less years than expected. Great deal.

And Lou has finally learned from his past mistakes which also means we have less to worry about next offseason.

We have almost nothing to worry about next offseason as far as players leaving go. Everyone important is locked up. Only the old men and the plugs (Brunner, Ryder) coming off the books next year.

Lars contract too, but he is still a RFA so really Lou has finally given us an offseason with no worries of talent leaving.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
With everyone important locked up next off season, Depending on who we bring back I would love for Lou to make a run at Bobby Ryan next off season. I fully believe Ownership has given him the keys and said Go have fun unlike with Vanderbeek

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
With everyone important locked up next off season, Depending on who we bring back I would love for Lou to make a run at Bobby Ryan next off season. I fully believe Ownership has given him the keys and said Go have fun unlike with Vanderbeek

They have about $46 million in cap committed to twelve players next year with Andy, only two of whom are defensemen. Depending on how much the cap goes up (or not) they'll have to allocate some money on defense besides Andy. I'm not sure how much that will leave for up front.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
...and the dust cleared. the only remnants of the Lou Resistance consisted of a quietly smoldering effigy in the town square, which hadn't been visited in weeks.

indeed. there was hope yet for peter deboer, crouched on his rooftop as the keyboard crusaders waived their pitchforks. indeed.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Lou's Offseason:

1) Get the 30th pick in the draft
2.) Clear the log jam on D
3.) got rid of one of Salvador/volcehnkov
4.) Signed Cammalleri,Havlat
5.) Re signed cory a LTC
6.) Signed Andy to LTC

Cons:
1.Let fayne walk (Cant really complain with the younger kids getting a chance)

Overall tremendous off season for Lou

yeah it would've been nice to keep Fayne around,
also signing Carter over Bernier would've been good by me (this can still play-out though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad