Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene Contract Extension (Five years, $5 million per)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Grade A offseason for the Devils, can't ask for much more.

For those who like to bash the scouting system, here's another undrafted player who potentially will spend 14 years with the team and is a candidate to be the next captain.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Greene, who had 32 points (8 goals, 24 assists) in 82 games last season, downplayed his status as one of the league’s best defensemen.

“It’s not something I really think about or focus on, whether I’m a premier defenseman or not,†Greene said. “I just go out there and do my job. Playing as a team is the way we win and lose games.

Love the attitude from Greener. Give him the C for god's sake

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I thought Lou was going to give him at least 6 million. Some of these undrafted guys are really loyal.

That's what some others said about Clarkson when they thought he would never leave :laugh:

But yeah it's nice to see a guy with Andy's talent take pride in being a Devil.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

For those who like to bash the scouting system, here's another undrafted player who potentially will spend 14 years with the team and is a candidate to be the next captain.

I'll give em credit for all the un-drafted players they brought in and were successful
plus our later round picks that have panned out
it's just some of our first rounders lately haven't been so great

Jaysfanatic*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 42s
Andy Greene's extension with the #devils is worth $25M over five years.

That's a pretty great deal right there.

Vishal Hussain @vishal_hussain · 4h
@NHLDevils press conference at 4PM. Get the feeling that an Andy Greene extension is in the offing. Something around five years 25 million.

Vishal Hussain @vishal_hussain · 2h
Hearing five or six year term on Greene at 5-5.5 million. In line with Girardi deal.

Vishal Hussain @vishal_hussain · 1h
Full NTC in the Andy Greene contract.

How does some ****ing nobody from Canada scoop our beat writers. Why don't Gulitti and Chere care?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
@NHLDevils press conference at 4PM. Get the feeling that an Andy Greene extension is in the offing. Something around five years 25 million.

Hearing five or six year term on Greene at 5-5.5 million. In line with Girardi deal.

How does some ****ing nobody from Canada scoop our beat writers. Why don't Gulitti and Chere care?

Gulitti only post's facts when he finds out from a real source (a little slow, but effective)
Chere is .....well....Chere !

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

Vishal is a good guy, I've known him a long time.

Jaysfanatic*

Vishal is a good guy, I've known him a long time.

Oh I don't doubt it. I just wonder sometimes what the heck Chere and them are doing. Steve Lepore knew about the presser at 4 before these two clowns did. And then Vishal had the terms and the NTC (though admittedly, that's an easy one to guess with Lou :laugh: ) right away.

It's just baffling.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
and I'd still really rather henrique get the C. he seems like he'd do more with it, and Greene seems like he could do more without it. if that makes sense.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Greene will make less than Zajac. That's absolutely insane, but we'll certainly take it.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think ownership must have played a much bigger role in Lou's past offseasons than we thought. This has been one of the better summers I've seen in a long, long time.

Short memory.

Last year's was just as good if not better:
Schneider deal at draft
lockup Elias Henrique
Ryder, Clowe, Brunner

I mean - geez. No pleasing some folks.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

I heard similar things last season. They essentially kept their own players. The best offensive players on the team are over 40 and close to 40. I'd say B-, thanks to a really unsightly draft. People are acting like he just revamped the entire system and brought in 3 or 4 25 year old dynamos. This team's flawed structure wasn't magically fixed in the offseason. We can still lose with Greene and Schneider. ROFL It was done last year.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Short memory.

Last year's was just as good if not better:
Schneider deal at draft
lockup Elias Henrique
Ryder, Clowe, Brunner

I mean - geez. No pleasing some folks.

You left out signing the team MVP Jagr ;)

Ownership change was clearly in the air by July last year but still, it's not like they weren't active spenders most years under JVB before the **** hit the fan with Chambers pulling out and JVB's personal finance issues.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I heard similar things last season. They essentially kept their own players. The best offensive players on the team are over 40 and close to 40. I'd say B-. People are acting like he just revamped the entire system and brought in 3 or 4 25 year old dynamos. This team's flawed structure wasn't magically fixed in the offseason. We can still lose with Greene and Schneider. ROFL It was done last year.
Losing Marty and getting Cammalleri was big and much needed for this club. Do not underestimate those two moves.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Losing Marty and getting Cammalleri Havlat are big and much needed movies for this club.

Havlat maybe. Cammallieri is far from the savior. The Marty stuff was hyperbole. If the young defenseman grow in this suffocating environment, then maybe they make the playoffs. That's the only scenario I see. The big 3 (Merrill, Larsson, Gelinas) need to take a larger share of the load.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Havlat maybe. Cammallieri is far from the savior. The Marty stuff was hyperbole. If the young defenseman grow in this suffocating environment, then maybe they make the playoffs. That's the only scenario I see. The big 3 (Merrill, Larsson, Gelinas) need to take a larger share of the load.

I see only two ways they miss the playoffs. Another apocalyptic shootout season, and a wave of bad injuries to key players.

But as for as this deal goes its absolute money. Andy could have gotten more on the open market.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I heard similar things last season. They essentially kept their own players. The best offensive players on the team are over 40 and close to 40. I'd say B-, thanks to a really unsightly draft. People are acting like he just revamped the entire system and brought in 3 or 4 25 year old dynamos. This team's flawed structure wasn't magically fixed in the offseason. We can still lose with Greene and Schneider. ROFL It was done last year.

You have completely unrealistc expectations to expect 3/4 young top offensive players to be acquired in 1 offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad