Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene Contract Extension (Five years, $5 million per)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
Rafalski was s poor defender who was over paid to score 40 points a season...without the cover of Stevens, Niedermayer or Lidstrom he was a train wreck by himself.

He was a complementary player that worked extremely well on a team with a very good defense, but definitely not worth the 6million Detroit gave him, at least not worth it in New Jersey's situation.

i've sung rafis praises many times on this board but this is 100 percent the truth.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
Rafalski was s poor defender who was over paid to score 40 points a season...without the cover of Stevens, Niedermayer or Lidstrom he was a train wreck by himself.

He was a complementary player that worked extremely well on a team with a very good defense, but definitely not worth the 6million Detroit gave him, at least not worth it in New Jersey's situation.

...and yet he still wasn't an expendable player given the crap state of the defense the next year.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
another facebook classic, in response to the signing of Greene

"Now Lou you need to get an extension for Ryder"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Unless it's like $32 million total (making it a stupidly low $4 million aav) I don't see how an 8-year deal makes any sense. Heck I don't see how 8-32 makes sense for Andy when he could just get 5-28 without blinking.

Greene will be a hair shy of 33 by the time the extension kicks in, this is not eight years.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 42s
Andy Greene's extension with the #devils is worth $25M over five years.

That's a pretty great deal right there.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Unless it's like $32 million total (making it a stupidly low $4 million aav) I don't see how an 8-year deal makes any sense. Heck I don't see how 8-32 makes sense for Andy when he could just get 5-28 without blinking.

Greene will be a hair shy of 33 by the time the extension kicks in, this is not eight years.

He's a lot of hairs shy. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad