Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene Contract Extension (Five years, $5 million per)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hindsight being 50/50. How do you know they didn't try to move him?

Lol, love "Realistic" fans.

I love fans like you that think the organization can do no wrong.

newsflash- they've missed 3 of 4 years and 3 main pieces from that 2012 team are gone. I think its OK to throw some criticisms around.

BUT

as I've said, Lou did well this offseason.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Saying Rafalski was expendable is...interesting.

Rafalski was definitely expendable at that time. He did good things for Detroit, but at the end of that season I was hoping they would move him because injuries and age were starting to show on his game - certainly if you take money into account - and the fact he wanted to go home.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I don't even think you could've even called Martin expendable, whether he wanted to stay or not.

The loss of Neidermayer, Rafalski and Martin squandered the chances of some pretty good Devils teams.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
compared to kovy, zach and Neidermeyer yes he was expendable

Rafalski was definitely expendable at that time. He did good things for Detroit, but at the end of that season I was hoping they would move him because injuries and age were starting to show on his game - certainly if you take money into account - and the fact he wanted to go home.

Losing him lead to our top four being Martin, Oduya, White, and Mottau/Greene. In no way is a player of Rafalski's skill "expendable" in that situation.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !

newsflash- they've missed 3 of 4 years and 3 main pieces from that 2012 team are gone. I think its OK to throw some criticisms around.

BUT

newsflash ---missed the play offs only 5 times in the last 26 seasons and at least went to the finals in 2012....half full

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Good news. I expect a reasonable caphit for too many years.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

tumblr_m5sdu9zDmg1r8kfm2o2_250.gif

GhostofKenKlee

BUT

Don't take my lack of whining or moaning about the team not having prospects as thinking the team can't do wrong.

Beeehhhh, wrong. I never said that they can't do wrong. I didn't like they didn't sign Fayne, but I'm not going to whine about like some people around here.

It's funny that you can't resist making snide comments re: Greene.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We extend Greene and we're debating Rafalski in this thread...par for the course around here I guess.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't even think you could've even called Martin expendable, whether he wanted to stay or not.

The loss of Neidermayer, Rafalski and Martin squandered the chances of some pretty good Devils teams.
Losing Niedermayer was unavoidable under the circumstances. The lockout really screwed us. Losing Martin was probably also unavoidable, he clearly wanted out.

Losing Rafalski was not unavoidable.

Anyway, we just locked up a #1 defenseman and mentor the kids badly need to stick around and be the anchor until they can take over for him. There's nothing to complain about here (at least until we see the contract, but virtually anything would be okay).

GhostofKenKlee

what does 26 seasons ago have to do with present day? I was 2 years old. who cares.

3 of 4.

Still peeing on the parade I see, you are one of the fans that was beating the drum hard for Lou to get canned. It's funny to see the child in you lash out because you don't get your way.

GhostofKenKlee

Losing Niedermayer was unavoidable under the circumstances. The lockout really screwed us. Losing Martin was probably also unavoidable, he clearly wanted out.

Losing Rafalski was not unavoidable.

I think Brian was going home either way, he has said that his life was going adrift. He also said that he left an extra million a year on the table from a rival out of respect for Lou.

Brian is a born again Christian and a team Chaplain now in Florida.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like how they announce they signed him, but without the terms nevermind the cash.

Must have been one of the terms of the contract agreement :sarcasm:

Even CapGeek doesn't have it. It'll likely be out there sooner or later, but this was something that had to be done with how important Andy's become and the fact no vet defensemen were signed beyond this year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Don't take my lack of whining or moaning about the team not having prospects as thinking the team can't do wrong.

Beeehhhh, wrong. I never said that they can't do wrong. I didn't like they didn't sign Fayne, but I'm not going to whine about like some people around here.

It's funny that you can't resist making snide comments re: Greene.

what snide comments have I made regarding Greene? :laugh:

I was DEFENDING keeping him while many people wanted to trade him earlier this offseason. I am happy that he is back.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Losing him lead to our top four being Martin, Oduya, White, and Mottau/Greene. In no way is a player of Rafalski's skill "expendable" in that situation.

Rafalski was s poor defender who was over paid to score 40 points a season...without the cover of Stevens, Niedermayer or Lidstrom he was a train wreck by himself.

He was a complementary player that worked extremely well on a team with a very good defense, but definitely not worth the 6million Detroit gave him, at least not worth it in New Jersey's situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad