Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Just list the lowest scoring teams in the Eastern Conference and those are your list of suspects.

Then look for RHC and RHD with the approximate value of a 25 goal scorer (Rutherford's opinion of the minimum that Kuzy should score every year), then focus on players under around 27 and that should allow you to drill down on some specific players.

Eastern Conference Team GOALS FOR:

From lowest to highest:

Washington Capitals

Pittsburgh Penguins

Montreal Canadiens

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

New York Islanders

Buffalo Sabres

Florida Panthers

New York Rangers

Columbus Blue Jackets

Toronto Maple Leafs

Boston Bruins

Carolina Hurricanes

New Jersey Devils

Tampa Bay Lightning

Detroit Red Wings

Last edited:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Sportsnet just said there's alot of interest and value on Kuzmenko.

Why doesnt he shoot more? I feel like he tries to be a playmaker more than a sniper but he has a really good shot.

This was his goal last night on Vasilevsky

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sportsnet just said there's alot of interest and value on Kuzmenko.

Why doesnt he shoot more? I feel like he tries to be a playmaker more than a sniper but he has a really good shot.

This was his goal last night on Vasilevsky

Canucks aren't trading him this year, you can bet on that. Unless JR is able to get a very good top 4D that's young. Definitely won't be giving away 40 goal scorers for peanuts especially when his trade value is low. Rather wait and see then do a stupid trade

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Canucks aren't trading him this year, you can bet on that. Unless JR is able to get a very good top 4D that's young. Definitely won't be giving away 40 goal scorers for peanuts especially when his trade value is low. Rather wait and see then do a stupid trade
Calling him a 40 goal scorer is disingenuous. Lastvyrar was an outlier, he scored at a 27.3% accuracy. Even the Canucks GM admits he's a 25 goal guy. Not that 25vis anything sneeze at, but let's call him what he is

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Kuzmenko+myers+first for Murphy+2nd+3rd hawks retain 50% on Murphy nucks dump myers and get an upgrade hawks probably have to add one of their surplus bottom sixers of the nucks choice and they also get a couple depth picks unless there is something else within the hawks org that the nucks want also gives them cap space for another move maybe hawks add an extra 3rd?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Calling him a 40 goal scorer is disingenuous. Lastvyrar was an outlier, he scored at a 27.3% accuracy. Even the Canucks GM admits he's a 25 goal guy. Not that 25vis anything sneeze at, but let's call him what he is
Even then we aren't trading him for scraps.

Kuzmenko+myers+first for Murphy+2nd+3rd hawks retain 50% on Murphy nucks dump myers and get an upgrade hawks probably have to add one of their surplus bottom sixers of the nucks choice and they also get a couple depth picks unless there is something else within the hawks org that the nucks want also gives them cap space for another move maybe hawks add an extra 3rd?
Canucks don't need to dump Myers when his contract expires this offseason. And we won't trade Kuzy either or our first. That's so much going to black Hawks and we don't need that 2nd or 3rd pick since we are competing. This is just losing cap flexibility by getting Murphy and I don't like Murphy.

Giving up that much to get 30 year old Murphy is not good. If JR wanted to trade a 1st plus Kuzy who is still young with potential, he could easily get way better similar to Hronek deal.

Reactions: bcbill

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Even then we aren't trading him for scraps.

Canucks don't need to dump Myers when his contract expires this year. And we won't trade Kuzy either or our first. That's so much going to black Hawks and we don't need that 2nd or 3rd pick since we are competing. This is just losing cap flexibility by getting Murphy and I don't like Murphy.
Agreed, they shouldn't trade him for scraps. There's no need to inflate what he is, he has value as is, even his contract is commensurate with a 25 goal guy.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Agreed, they shouldn't trade him for scraps. There's no need to inflate what he is, he has value as is, even his contract is commensurate with a 25 goal guy.
JR said they are working with him and he seems to have done better last night. So no rush to trade a young goal scorer. They probably need him too in case of injuries

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Every offer so far in this thread has been terrible. Even if he wasnt getting support from our GM and wasn't showing positive signs he is starting to play well again, what incentive do we have to trade him for trash? We dont need cap or roster space, and we aren't getting anything we need back, if these offers are anything to go by.

Reactions: bh53

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Came here to shit all over this proposal but whoa, didn't realize Hronek was playing 24 mins of PPG hockey. Isles still never do this but wow good for him

Youve been missing out if you havent been watching Hronek this year. He has hit his prime and has been legit.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Pesce for Kuzmenko and a 1st

Pesce is great but id rather get a stop gap RD like a Tanev and wait for Willander to arrive either next year or the year after.

Giving up that much value for Pesce would mean we would be re-signing him to his retirement contract and I'd rather not do that.

Canucks arent in a position to be all in.

Heck id probably be more interested in the cost for Chatfield than the cost for Pesce.

Kuzy is exactly what Carolina needs tho, a skilled gamebreaker that can compliment the top 6.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Pesce is great but id rather get a stop gap RD like a Tanev and wait for Willander to arrive either next year or the year after.

Giving up that much value for Pesce would mean we would be re-signing him to his retirement contract and I'd rather not do that.

Canucks arent in a position to be all in.

Heck id probably be more interested in the cost for Chatfield than the cost for Pesce.

Kuzy is exactly what Carolina needs tho, a skilled gamebreaker that can compliment the top 6.
Yeah fair enough. Pesce is great and I'm going to miss him but seems like Canes would rather not sign him to 7 or 8 years either. Plenty of teams will line up to be able to do so though.

I like Kuzmenko and I know the Canes were interested in him coming out of Russia but it would heavily depend on the cost. A lot of their interest then probably stemmed from the fact that he was essentially free. Canes' D backlog this year could make Pesce available but only for a clear upgrade at F like Kuzmenko but even with 1 less year on his contract I do think Pesce is more valuable than Kuz so we'd want a pick too. Otherwise Pesce will just be kept to help contend this year.

No other roster player is available really (well, none with any significant value. Drury or TDA could go). Nikishin is untouchable and Morrow and Nadeau probably are a no go. Otherwise it's picks/B prospects but I don't know why Vancouver would care for that, unless he truly is just not liked by the coach and they want to get rid of him regardless of return, which seems unlikely. So if not Pesce I don't see a trade here that makes sense.

But I do agree Kuzmenko would be a welcome addition to the Canes, I wouldn't say he's exactly what we need but would be a step in the right direction on the PP and in the goal scoring dept.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Came here to shit all over this proposal but whoa, didn't realize Hronek was playing 24 mins of PPG hockey. Isles still never do this but wow good for him
It’s not that bad of a proposal. Hronek has been fire.

Pesce for Kuzmenko and a 1st
That’s to much for Pesce, not saying he isn’t good, but I think Kuz can get a first and change. I don’t see a couple months of Pesce being worth two firsts (and change)

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
It’s not that bad of a proposal. Hronek has been fire.
Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Dobson is 3 years younger, is on his too low contract for longer, is larger and the team is currently outscoring the opposition at more than a 2-1 pace with him on the ice. He’s going to get his share of Norris votes this season. No disrespect to Hronek as it seems like he’s been great, but his defensive partner (who will get more Norris votes) has 34 more points than Dobson’s which is like 1.2 points a game. We don’t even have a forward with 30 points. Even if you consider their impact exactly equal (it isn’t) Dobson would still be more valuable than Hronek based on age and contract alone.

Pageau is a defensively responsible center that would have scored 40 goals over a full season had he had the same clearly unsustainable 27% shooting percentage Kuzmenko had last season and is signed for a little less. And would still be a center.

Vancouver adds ++ to the original proposal and the Isles still likely decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konk and PWJunior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad