Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So Kuzmenko, who had been in Vancouver for ten minutes, was essential to keep in order to prevent a locker room, fan and corporate sponsor revolt but it was fine to dump their literal captain and 10 year Canuck Bo Horvat in the same week? You're making a lot of sense.
Yes.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Seems to have worked out great. As we all know, Elias Pettersson signed an 8 year extension to keep playing with his BFF Kuzmenko and Canucks fans are showing up in their #96 jerseys to watch him sit in the press box.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Seems to have worked out great. As we all know, Elias Pettersson signed an 8 year extension to keep playing with his BFF Kuzmenko and Canucks fans are showing up in their #96 jerseys to watch him sit in the press box.
hey if you want to argue and continue using fan boi logic, you are in the right place. i will bow out though, its not my thing.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Andrei Kuzmenko played up to the standard of someone scoring on almost twice as many shots as Auston Matthews, the league's best finisher, has over his career? If that's true the Hall of Fame should make an exception and induct him while he's still playing.

Nobody is saying Kuzmenko had 20 goals go in off his ass but the fact remains nobody in the NHL sustains anything close to a 27% or even 20% shooting percentage in the long run. He could compensate for this by generating far more shots but he's not a good enough player to do so. This was the most glaringly obvious sell high moment in recent history and the Canucks whiffed.
These eye test guys sure are stubborn eh? Gretzky didn’t even sniff 27% when he scored 92 in the high flying 80’s, but Andrei frigging Kuzmenko was going to keep doing it? Oh sorry, they watched him play! Watched him score a bunch of goals on easy tap-ins because he was allowed to stand by the net. As though NHL defenses were just going to keep allowing that to happen forever.

It’s kind of funny that on one hand the Canucks extended Kuzmenko based on his fairytale season and on the other hand they traded Horvat to dinosaur Lou who probably though he was getting a perpetual 40 goal scorer based on Horvat’s one hot season where he scored more than 31 goals (his previous high). He’s only on pace for 25 this season so how ‘bout that. He’s who he’s always been and will continue to be. But I’m sure Lou watched him play last year and was convinced.

The numbers always have their way of averaging out whether eye test guys want to admit it or not. I wish I could play against some of these guys in my fantasy league it would be easy to rinse them on sell-high trades.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
These eye test guys sure are stubborn eh? Gretzky didn’t even sniff 27% when he scored 92 in the high flying 80’s, but Andrei frigging Kuzmenko was going to keep doing it? Oh sorry, they watched him play! Watched him score a bunch of goals on easy tap-ins because he was allowed to stand by the net. As though NHL defenses were just going to keep allowing that to happen forever.

It’s kind of funny that on one hand the Canucks extended Kuzmenko based on his fairytale season and on the other hand they traded Horvat to dinosaur Lou who probably though he was getting a perpetual 40 goal scorer based on Horvat’s one hot season where he scored more than 31 goals (his previous high). He’s only on pace for 25 this season so how ‘bout that. He’s who he’s always been and will continue to be. But I’m sure Lou watched him play last year and was convinced.

The numbers always have their way of averaging out whether eye test guys want to admit it or not. I wish I could play against some of these guys in my fantasy league it would be easy to rinse them on sell-high trades.
Well done Sherlock, I bet the team figured that out and that is why he is only paid $5.5m on a short term deal. If they thought he was better than Horvat, they would have paid him Horvat money. That contract BTW is already aging poorly on Long Island. The Canucks knew he would regress and he has. Maybe they trade him, maybe they don’t. But to think he was extended simply because he had a good season, you would have to explain why he isn’t getting paid $11m per. I will wait.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With Kuzmenko not playing upto his pace last season (he was unlikely to score 39 again), what's his value right now? It would have been best to offload him last season for the most value but that ship has sailed and with how unhappy Tocchet is with Kuzmenko's play, I'm sure the Canucks would consider moving on from him if it means getting back a top 6 winger or top 4 Dman in a package.
Habs may give you Monahan for him?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Kuzy seems to be falling out of favor in Vancouver. He seems like a bad fit for the Rich Tochett system. He has been relegated to the 4th line but is still on powerplay 1.

Friedman has mentioned a couple times now that the Canucks are receiving phone calls and heavy interest from teams wondering if they are willing to move Kuzy now. Dhaliwal confirms though that the Canucks are not interested in trading him right now and would rather he gets back on track. Things can change with the right offer though.

Kuzemenko is 27 yrs old and coming off a 39 goal season last year. He is signed for this year and next at 5.5 mil. UFA in 1.5 yrs. He has a partial NTC

Before he signed with the Canucks, there were apparently 15 teams who were very much interested in Kuzy. He narrowed it down to Canucks, Oilers and Lightning and Red Wings.

Its not hard to imagine that those finalist teams would be the ones calling on him.

Scouting Report:
- Very shifty and agile with great hands
-Playmaker more than a finisher
-Does not drive his own line
- struggles defensively without the puck

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Teams looking for a buy low candidate. He's scoring on. 11.1% of his shots this season. Last season he was at an unsustainable 27.3%. He probably has the ability to afire at a higher rate this year (but nowhere near what he did last season). His contract isn't bad so it's not surprising there's interest given his current status in tbe dog house. I doubt anyone is viewing him.as a 39 goal guy, the math suggests that'll be a career outlier, but a gm may view him as a 20-25 goal guy

Reactions: hn777

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
It's a risk. Guy looks very lazy. Looks to have had a lucky year and now is in the dumpster. Whoever gets him, they better take him to a nice high end restaurant to welcome him to their team. He might sulk otherwise.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
It's a risk. Guy looks very lazy. Looks to have had a lucky year and now is in the dumpster. Whoever gets him, they better take him to a nice high end restaurant to welcome him to their team. He might sulk otherwise.

He's not lazy.... he just didnt learn " winning" style hockey under Bodreau last year. Tochett is all about system play and being hard to play against. Its an adjustment for Kuzy.

Though he doesnt carry a line, he is still an elite offensive player in my opinion. His hands, creativity and agility are top notch. Id say he is a consistent 60 -70 point winger moving forward and given an offensive role.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
The goal of a team is not to generate incremental asset growth. The goal is to win.

The team feels that this player contributes to that goal and therefore isn’t concerned about selling high.

There is no prize for most asset growth!

Only fan boi’s think of selling players like it’s their financial balance sheet.
*Laughs in NHL GM and Ownership who purchase trade buy and sell players like they were property*

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Kuzmenko took the summer off and went travelling. The Canucks management didn’t like that and had concerns if he’d be game shape ready for the season and he said It’ll all be ok. Turns out he was wrong and was not prepared for the season. This is a great opportunity for another team, as his lack of offseason training was the issue here. I think he’ll learn from it TBH.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He's not lazy.... he just didnt learn " winning" style hockey under Bodreau last year. Tochett is all about system play and being hard to play against. Its an adjustment for Kuzy.

Though he doesnt carry a line, he is still an elite offensive player in my opinion. His hands, creativity and agility are top notch. Id say he is a consistent 60 -70 point winger moving forward and given an offensive role.
I think your point projection is overly optimistic. I'd guess more in the range of 45-55 but who knows, there's not really enough of a sample size to go on

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Kuzmenko from what I have seen has been incredibly unlucky at least a dozen times this season missing out on a few goals and any number of assists. He's either hit the bar or been deflected ridiculously and lost out a few gimme goals. 3-5 would be my guess.

He's not a bad player. Last year was an absolute outlier. Millstein client IIRC so he's not going anywhere, but the Canucks were foolish to not have sold as high as humanly possible on him last year.

My guess is he's a 25-25 type of average and has the hallmarks of a streaky player. Give him until the TDL and see who is interested. He's shown the league he has the skill to be a game breaker and the Canucks owe it to him and Pettersson to let him either find it again or play himself out of town.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think its pretty unlikely anyone is going to be too interested in him.

Wingers just don't seem to hold that much value around the league. Especially when they're one dimensional scorers who aren't excelling at their 1 dimension. When he was going to be on an ELC for a year it made sense for teams to be after him. But making $5.5M this year and the next? I don't know there are going to be a lot of teams looking to make that deal work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad