Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Like Boeser, this guy is going to learn that theres more to hockey than scoring. When it happens, his value will skyrocket. If Canucks can’t get something ok for him now, like a 2nd pair rhd, or something to use to flip for one, they will keep him and wait until he finally gets it.

Just a hunch, but a 27 year old KHL import on a short term deal probably, isn't going to put in the same career self-improvement and become a model for Tocchet hockey.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Still better than Johansen. Good luck with him.

Noone said he needs to become a “model for tocchet hockey”
I’m not going to argue on RyJo’s behalf. But this is a race to the bottom discussion. Kuzmenko has cratered his value and reputation this season.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m not going to argue on RyJo’s behalf. But this is a race to the bottom discussion. Kuzmenko has cratered his value and reputation this season.
The difference is, Kuzmenko has had half a season of disappointing / substandard play. Ryan Johansen is just cooked. Period.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Perfect, looking forward to receiving your Suzuki + Guhle + Slafkovsky package (don't forget the 1st :thumbu:).
Didn't realize that you are willing to add Hughes with Petterson. Send them over.

Petey's for 4 quality assets is a trade I'd do

Could see that working; Lafferty's pretty much a north-south skater and he can forecheck for his linemates and let them do their magic.
You mean Petey and Hughes

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Not really and no one in Canucks manqgement is that short sighted. You probably said the same thing the minute Hughes, Pettersson and Boeser were struggling. Heck Boeser struggled for years and we still kept him. Good thing this Canucks management is smarter than to give up on Kuzy this soon.

Didn't realize that you are willing to add Hughes with Petterson. Send them over.

You mean Petey and Hughes
Hughes or Petersson alone will have higher value than that package if you wanted them.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not really and no one in Canucks manqgement is that short sighted. You probably said the same thing the minute Hughes, Pettersson and Boeser were struggling. Heck Boeser struggled for years and we still kept him. Good thing this Canucks management is smarter than to give up on Kuzy this soon.

Hughes or Petersson alone will have higher value than that package if you wanted them.
And Kuzy doesn't come close to getting Slafkovsky (+ our choice of 1 of Xhekaj/ Barron/ Kovacevic)

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
What about Dube and Honzek for Kuzmenko?
Dube and something not top tier (B prospect) would be my limit.

It would be about shedding the money for Vancouver and trying a different piece that might mesh with the coach better.

I’d be interested if Huberdeau and Kuzmenko could find some chemistry, but not mortgaging the future on a throwaway season.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Dube and something not top tier (B prospect) would be my limit.

It would be about shedding the money for Vancouver and trying a different piece that might mesh with the coach better.

I’d be interested if Huberdeau and Kuzmenko could find some chemistry, but not mortgaging the future on a throwaway se

Yeah fair, I guess it comes down to if you think Honzek is all that or not. It's kind of risky on both sides.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Kuz got back into the lineup yesterday & played well. When he got back in last time he scored 2 goals first game. Even despite his struggles this season he's still on pace for 20 goals. He's not a 40 goal scorer but he should be good for 20-30 (and really he's more of a skilled playmaker than a shooter anyways).

If some teams in the mushy middle are looking to shake things up I wonder about a hockey trade.

Or maybe those with pending UFA's (that want to compete moving forward) would consider moving one for Kuz & a pick. Atleast they'd retain a player at a reasonable # going into next year.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Reviving this as Marek mentioned him potentially going to the Isles which could make sense. Lou/Allvin obviously made a big deal last season and Kuzmenko will have some familiarity with Horvat, .

Realistically Isles would need to send back a similar contract the other way. Pageau is really our only guy without an NTC that fits that bill but would leave us with a pretty large hole at 3C - although maybe they finally want to give Ishkhakov a shot. Roy seems comfortable double shifting guys for a majority of the game, so maybe that would just mean more minutes for Nelson.

Another scenario I could see is shipping out Lee with some slight retention. He's still serviceable enough and could see it being sold as bringing in a high character dude for cup runs, while allowing us to name Horvat the new captain. Lee might waive for a chance at a couple of cup runs and for all intents and purposes it feels like Horvat is already the captain.

Last scenario is something involving Nelson which would suck for us and would probably need to include Vancouver's 1st and a Raty-esque prospect to basically mirror last year's Horvat deal. Nelson is signed into next year and then will need a new contract at age 34 coming off of a few 35+ goal seasons. We need to sign both of our top pairing defensemen that year so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to maximize the return on him.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah fair, I guess it comes down to if you think Honzek is all that or not. It's kind of risky on both sides.
Honzek was a really bad pick as I said the moment we took him there. I still can't believe we took him with ASP and Moore on the board. Especially with no centers under 30 on our team after this season. Our picks later were solid, but we wasted that 1st.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Kuz got back into the lineup yesterday & played well. When he got back in last time he scored 2 goals first game. Even despite his struggles this season he's still on pace for 20 goals. He's not a 40 goal scorer but he should be good for 20-30 (and really he's more of a skilled playmaker than a shooter anyways).

If some teams in the mushy middle are looking to shake things up I wonder about a hockey trade.

Or maybe those with pending UFA's (that want to compete moving forward) would consider moving one for Kuz & a pick. they'd retain a player at a reasonable # going into next year.
Kuz for Reilly smith once smith gets healthy after the all star break, both have disappointed this season, have similar cap hits, contract lengths, appear to have worn out their welcome with fans, and both could use a change of scenery.

Getting smith back out west might help perk him back up like moving your grandparents to florida and you could put eller at center between Malkin and kuz to make up for their combined defensive liability.

Plus adding a Russian to the team for Malkin could be like getting a puppy for an elderly dog, gives him a little short term boost of energy that gives him the zoomies even as an old dog.

Yannman

May 25, 2018
Kuz for josh anderson straight up or with minor 1 year cap dump from van?
van pov… three runs with somewhat of a playoff performer for similar money
mtl pov… reclamation project for next year or cap space the next for a player who really doesn’t fit their window. Go at it, who says no?

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Kuz for josh anderson straight up or with minor 1 year cap dump from van?
van pov… three runs with somewhat of a playoff performer for similar money
mtl pov… reclamation project for next year or cap space the next for a player who really doesn’t fit their window. Go at it, who says no?
VAN...and I'm a Habs fan.

Reactions: Yannman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad