Value of: Andrei Kuzmenko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
So what?

He's still on pace for a 20 goals/50 pts season.

I mean, Habs have an abundance of defensemen and they'll have to trade some one day, preferably for offensively talented forwards because it's something they lack.

Kovacevic and Harris aren't the ones Habs will build their future with... still they're good but not as good as the defensemen that will be arriving soon from the system.

For me it's the perfect match in terms of respective teams needs and abundance..

Plus the 2nd will be a late one.
You don't overpay just because you CAN overpay.

• Haha
Reactions: thefutures

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Outside of Canuck land the cost is probably a 2nd and a mid af prospect

In Canuck land the cost is probably Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid all in their primes while taking back Tyler Myers contract

Reactions: Ulf5

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Scratched again tonight and clearly not in Tocchet's plans or how the Canucks are wanting to play.

I know he is talented, albeit with warts to his game, but what is the price on Kuz?

Canuck fans, what do you feel are the actual odds he gets moved?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Scratched again tonight and clearly not in Tocchet's plans or how the Canucks are wanting to play.

I know he is talented, albeit with warts to his game, but what is the price on Kuz?

Hard to say whether they genuinely want to move him but it seems increasingly likely. On his own, I'd wager he'd get a 2nd but I suspect he'll be moved as part of salary in a bigger trade so we can make the cap work.

Problem is... who's trading a top six scorer right now? The ideal targets would be the likes of Guentzel or Hertl but neither are realistic options.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

If a team is in need of scoring, and has a line he can slide into, where the C and other winger, play really well in traffic, and create space, maybe someone thinks they’ll be able to get him enough open ice, that it’s worth trading for him.

His problem is, teams have his scouting report now. Put pressure on him, and don’t give him space outside. He hasn’t shown he can overcome that pressure yet, and he’s a liability the rest of the time.

So nobody’s blowing up their phones right now. I can’t say I’ve missed him being on the ice once. He’s just not a very good hockey player consistently enough.

He’s gonna have to overcome this on his own. At least it looks that way.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With Kuzmenko not playing upto his pace last season (he was unlikely to score 39 again), what's his value right now? It would have been best to offload him last season for the most value but that ship has sailed and with how unhappy Tocchet is with Kuzmenko's play, I'm sure the Canucks would consider moving on from him if it means getting back a top 6 winger or top 4 Dman in a package.
For Ryan Johansson in a hockey trade. Same term. Ryjo has smaller cap hit at $4mm.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I want to see a scouting report for a single player in the history of sport, that says 'don't pressure him, and give him lots of room to work with'

NFL Tim Tebow?
Every single winger in the league is given the outside initially. Once they prove they can score from the outside, which isn’t easy, dmen will start cheating towards that player in the offensive zone. Pressuring him more.

It’s always been the case in the NHL. Dmen are just better than in other leagues, and can take space away.

It’s 100% why we see a lot of players able to score in other leagues, but not in the NHL. They have time and space to get their shot off, make plays, etc. Just look at KHL scoring leaders. Most had a little success INITIALLY in the NHL too. Then dmen adjusted, and they couldn’t overcome playing under pressure.

It’s absolutely what’s happened. If I’m wrong, explain how all these top scorers in the KHL, couldn’t score consistently in the NHL???

It’s all about space. Dmen will give it to wingers all day long, until they prove they can score with space on the outside. Then they adjust. Now he has to adjust. Let’s see if he can.

It really is one of the basic differences between the NHL and other pro leagues. Space.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It really is one of the basic differences between the NHL and other pro leagues. Space.

Wouldn't the rink size difference be one of the reasons why they have more space?

With the size increase, difference in angles, more space to gain speed, if a defensemen commits to pressuring a winger, they could be skated around or expose defensive holes.

A better comparison would be the Juniors/AHL. There are AHL star scorers who can't make the NHL....

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
What are Nuck's needs?

RHD?

Habs needs scoring and have plenty of defenseman.
As someone who watches primarily Montreal and Vancouver, I don't want Kuzmenko in Montreal. With a realistic shooting percentage he's a 20-25 goal guy WITH Pettersson setting him up. He's a disaster away from the puck. There's a reason Tocchet has him in the press box. No thanks. Send him elsewhere

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Like Boeser, this guy is going to learn that theres more to hockey than scoring. When it happens, his value will skyrocket. If Canucks can’t get something ok for him now, like a 2nd pair rhd, or something to use to flip for one, they will keep him and wait until he finally gets it.

Reactions: sting101

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As someone who watches primarily Montreal and Vancouver, I don't want Kuzmenko in Montreal. With a realistic shooting percentage he's a 20-25 goal guy WITH Pettersson setting him up. He's a disaster away from the puck. There's a reason Tocchet has him in the press box. No thanks. Send him elsewhere
I don't want Kuzmenko in Montreal either. One-hit wonder created by Elias Petterson. He won't duplicate his offense in Montreal. Not even close. Vancouver is the best place for him.

Reactions: Qwijibo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad